Discuss Board cutters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

mhar

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned these to me the other day. Silverline do one for £30 (plus arbour) with 5 plugs. Anybody use one and what are the advantages and disadvantages please?

I used mine again yesterday. clean cut nice bit of kit the discs are a tenner for 5 from the tool station. advantages cheap enough. disadvantages they burn your fingers if you stupid enough to touch them when they are still hot :D

They are really useful on sheet flooring where you don't need significant access under a floor. The defo have their place in the armoury of tools which can help a job go more smoothly!

Regards.

Has anyone tried the Trend routabout system?

Been using the routabout for about 20+ years, it needs a reasonably powerful router or the router will stall if there are any hard spots in the floor board or you try to cut to much in one go. I would recommend using the half inch cutter as the quarter inch cutter tends to flex a bit and can snap if your not careful

Had customers in the past ask me to cut access holes with it so they could use the access hole as an underfloor safe to store valuables out of the away

I find using a combination of the routabout and the Armeg / Silverline board cutter and plugs works well for running cables underfloors and through joists

Just trying to find a uk supplier of these www.flexidrills.com/pages/dura-drill.html
but may end up importing some if I can work out the import duty and costs.
I have an old one that is 6 foot long it's great for stud walls and also drilling joists between access holes but it's getting a bit worn out. Had some of the others in the range for drilling behind coving and other awkward things but these were loaned out and never seen again

I think the 6' long ones are called installer bits. I was given one about 20 years ago by an American customer. Very useful but got over abused as I used to use it like a flexible shaft drill!

Reply to Board cutters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock