Discuss Bodge Job! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just fitted four new fire rated down lights to be faced with this, made my day..............not! So two of the six have been fitted below joists which have obviously been hacked out by the previous sparks, give me strength.

IMG_5900.JPG

I have three like that in my bathroom. Probably were running for years with 50w GU10s. Replaced with LEDs but a longer term solution is on my longer term to-do list. No quick fix really, the woodwork in the loft needs mending I suppose, and the lights relocating. Which will then mean holes in the ceiling to repair. But then the three I move will be out of alignment with the other lamps. Just awesome really.

Last edited:
I have three like that in my bathroom. Probably were running for years with 50w GU10s. Replaced with LEDs but a longer term solution is on my longer term to-do list. No quick fix really, the woodwork in the loft needs mending I suppose, and the lights relocating. Which will then mean holes in the ceiling to repair. But then the three I move will be out of alignment with the other lamps. Just awesome really.

I am considering cutting a fire rated light down to lose the height, won't be fire rated but what was there wasn't either. No issues with heat or damage, tiled bathroom floor above. There is a even a cable routed in the joist above so no excuse really, just a complete ----wit!

Hi - these are quite shallow at 2" and I'm sure there are others so hopefully you won't have to cut down a fitting :)

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/smartw...3w/6267h#product_additional_details_container

IMG_0475.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to Bodge Job! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views
This drives me round the twist, the client tells you what they want, kind of. you do the work the way the client asks you to and then when its all...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock