Discuss boiler cross bonding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

*points*

There! That one over there!

*runs and hides*

Yes ..... Quite thank you. :)

The fact is that all the pipe work is bonded by means of the tap rail which it's fixed to so whether we like it or not it is already bonded by default - a fact that the idiots at British Grasp and others seem unable to understand.

Its not required in the electrical regs , its one thing that was done because it looks pretty , even to 16th edition , but supplementary bonding was required as has been said in special locations also if you look at the main bonding for a gas pipe under plumbers regs they say it should be within a meter of the gas meter again not an electrical reg, as with alot of manufacturers they add requirements with out consulting the regs , look how many bathroom lights still have zone 3 on them

One of these is spelled incorrectly. Do you know which one - and what the correct spelling should be boys & girls?? :)

oh if your going to be like that shouldn't this be spelt :stooge_curly:

Errrr ........ no, not really. :)

[h=2]Spelled and Spelt[/h] The verb to spell most commonly means to write or name the letters that form (a word) in correct sequence.

To spell is one of those verbs with both an irregular form and a regular form. (See the table below for some others.) The past tense and the past participle can be written as either spelled or spelt. However, they are not interchangeable, especially in the US. [h=2]Americans Demand Spelled[/h] In America, spelled dominates. The use of spelt as the past tense or past participle of to spell is considered a spelling mistake by many. It will certainly annoy a fair proportion of your readers. [h=2]Brits Prefer Spelt[/h] Outside America, spelt is more common, but spelled is generally accepted. (This is almost certainly a result of American influence spreading.) [h=2]Misspelled and Misspelt[/h] It's the same with misspelled and misspelt. Americans demand misspelled (and Brits will accept it). However, Brits prefer misspelt.
Read more at http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/spelled_spelt.htm#RfJiArpV4d0TuTtZ.99

Today I am wearing my American head. :cowboy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Errrr ........ no, not really. :)

Spelled and Spelt

The verb to spell most commonly means to write or name the letters that form (a word) in correct sequence.

To spell is one of those verbs with both an irregular form and a regular form. (See the table below for some others.) The past tense and the past participle can be written as either spelled or spelt. However, they are not interchangeable, especially in the US. Americans Demand Spelled

In America, spelled dominates. The use of spelt as the past tense or past participle of to spell is considered a spelling mistake by many. It will certainly annoy a fair proportion of your readers. Brits Prefer Spelt

Outside America, spelt is more common, but spelled is generally accepted. (This is almost certainly a result of American influence spreading.) Misspelled and Misspelt

It's the same with misspelled and misspelt. Americans demand misspelled (and Brits will accept it). However, Brits prefer misspelt.
Read more at The difference between spelled and spelt (grammar lesson)

Today I am wearing my American head. :cowboy:

Yep, Geordie Obama does have a certain ring to it!! :92:

I was in NAPIT once. My assessor went all philosophical on cross bonding boilers, he knew his stufff better than most but just told me to "just do it" as it will take less time having to drive back/ explain to the plumber / explain to the home owner. As it won't make any difference (except to save oneself time and annoyance trying to explain why the sky is blue)

I was in NAPIT once. My assessor went all philosophical on cross bonding boilers, he knew his stufff better than most but just told me to "just do it" as it will take less time having to drive back/ explain to the plumber / explain to the home owner. As it won't make any difference (except to save oneself time and annoyance trying to explain why the sky is blue)

I can understand his point completely.
The trouble with complacency is that the lunatics will eventually take over the asylum.

From my reading of this forum for the last few years, I think they're half way there.

Reply to boiler cross bonding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock