Discuss Boiler wiring!! Help in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

R1nutty

Hi
I recently posted a thread about using a sundial wiring center a plumber supplied for the job.
In the end I thought id use it for an s plan.
everything works fine, valves open and close as should and boiler fires, all ok.
however both the cylinder stat and the room stat call for heat (both honeywell) call for heat when the
time clock is off? Almost like they bypass the clock.I've got my head scratching. Time clock is a horseman h21xl.
any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Hi
I recently posted a thread about using a sundial wiring center a plumber supplied for the job.
In the end I thought id use it for an s plan.
everything works fine, valves open and close as should and boiler fires, all ok.
however both the cylinder stat and the room stat call for heat (both honeywell) call for heat when the
time clock is off? Almost like they bypass the clock.I've got my head scratching. Time clock is a horseman h21xl.
any help would be appreciated.

cheers

This doesn't make complete sense, but would suggest a cable or 2 in the wrong place.

Sure if the room stat and/or the tank stat call for heat, and the timer is set not to run, then nothing should happen.

Yeah not sure what wires to move though, if I'd used connector block method it would be more straight forward , but checked everything in Sundial and all seems right.

what he said. ^^^^. with the time clock off for both heat and hot water, check if you have 240V at the stat/s. if so, then this needs to be altered so that the stats only receive 240V when time clock is ON.

Have you cut the correct links in the wiring centre if it's the circuit board type? Link 1 for programmer and not basic time clock, link 2&4 and link 3 if the boiler is wired for pump over run.

these links require cutting for an s-plan.

if it's not the above check the programmer is wired correct hw on=1, ch on=4 with a link from L-2,2-5.

Last edited:
refer to friggin' masochism?

thought you of all people would have got that one, you being a plumber an all........if you can't fix it with a meter, hit it with a hammer

Reply to Boiler wiring!! Help in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock