Discuss Bonding Puzzled ! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

waitees

Hi all

Been racking my brains on bonding, got the niceic man coming round next week and want to make sure its right. There was nothing left of the main earth from a tns supply it was all rotten, so the house had no bonding !

I have used 16mm as the new main bonding and 10mm for the gas and water 600m away incoming, is this the correct size earthing?. The board is wylex 10 way 25mm tails.

Please help !:confused:

the old earth clamp is still there i have put a warning label on it, the main earth is going straight into the board, no met

Last edited by a moderator:
All the sizes are fine. Is it a 951 earth clamp on the lead sheath, if it's original I would note it on my test sheet that you have informed the DNO that it needs changing and get a job ref number from them that shows they are aware it needs changing and put that in my comments on existing install box.

Thanks for the comments they are a great help !

Am i right saying then that it is down to the suppliers to get the earth clamp changed, i have been to some installs where the electrician has used a earth clamp on the sheath that is also used for the water and gas, i guess thats not they are supposed to do ?

Shall i note it in the comments box, notfied clamp in need of updating.

It's their responsibility, they should sort it out for you, notify them that a Hepworth braided earth strap is required, write this down in the comments box along with the job ref number they give you. You'll need an old bill from the customer as they will ask a few security questions. 951 earth clamps should never be used on lead sheath cable, potential crushing and shorting etc :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Bonding Puzzled ! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net