Discuss Boots in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

trev

Hello. My name is Stefano Pessina, I'm acting CEO of Boots. I live in Monaco and I'm worth billions of pounds, I don't pay any tax in the UK and my company has exploited loopholes in the laws to avoid paying £1.21 billion in corporation tax.
I don't think you should vote Labour.
That's a summary of what has been published today.
Now regardless of your political views, what the almighty bloody hell gives this man the right to spout off about what government should or should not be elected?

Hello. My name is Stefano Pessina, I'm acting CEO of Boots. I live in Monaco and I'm worth billions of pounds, I don't pay any tax in the UK and my company has exploited loopholes in the laws to avoid paying £1.21 billion in corporation tax.
I don't think you should vote Labour.
That's a summary of what has been published today.
Now regardless of your political views, what the almighty bloody hell gives this man the right to spout off about what government should or should not be elected?

Trev still drunk from last night or had an early start?

labour might close his loophole, snaffle the £1.2billion to spend on appointing high salaried, huge pension, pen-pushers in the NHS, while bemoaning the fact that there's no money for more doctors and nurses.

Closing tax loopholes needs EU and international coordinated agreements and action.

This isn't as simple as you think. Gordon Brown presided over the largest expansion of the uk taxes for nearly a century and thus masses of tax loopholes were created.

Typical selfish capitalist thinking of themselves only , no sense of decency to other people and society , its good enough for tax paying people to spend money in Boots, these people make me sick..

There was me thinking he was going to rabbit on about nice warm comfy boots to wear in the snow that he's just bought at the South Shields Market!!! :dunce2:

Four pounds ninety nine and keep the penny change!

There was me thinking he was going to rabbit on about nice warm comfy boots to wear in the snow that he's just bought at the South Shields Market!!! :dunce2:

Four pounds ninety nine and keep the penny change!

I'm guessing for £4.99 they're not going to be steel toe-capped?

I don't get what Boots is supposed to be any more. Back in the day it was a chain of chemists' shops, but over time their shops have split into pharmacies, department stores and sandwich shops. A couple of years ago their Christmas advert seemed to be trying to encourage women to go to Boots to buy hair straighteners and hairdriers as presents for the other women who work in their office.

You're supposed to be able to go into a pharmacy to get basic medical advice, but with Boots if you're not careful you'd end up asking for medical advice in a sandwich shop.

Boots seem to have lost their direction.

I don't get what Boots is supposed to be any more. Back in the day it was a chain of chemists' shops, but over time their shops have split into pharmacies, department stores and sandwich shops. A couple of years ago their Christmas advert seemed to be trying to encourage women to go to Boots to buy hair straighteners and hairdriers as presents for the other women who work in their office.

You're supposed to be able to go into a pharmacy to get basic medical advice, but with Boots if you're not careful you'd end up asking for medical advice in a sandwich shop.

Boots seem to have lost their direction.

We used to have a really good independent Chemist in our village - they sold out to Boots and its gone down the toilet.... Fortunately there are 2 more independent ones within 3 miles - so they get our business now

We used to have a really good independent Chemist in our village - they sold out to Boots and its gone down the toilet.... Fortunately there are 2 more independent ones within 3 miles - so they get our business now
What sort of Boots is it? There's a Boots pharmacy (just a pharmacy, no makeup, sandwiches or hair tongs) next to my old doctors' surgery and they're really good, but I suspect that's down to the individual pharmacist. The Boots on the high street 2 minutes walk from there are just as bad as any other branch.

Reply to Boots in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock