Discuss BOSCH 36v DRILL!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

healy1888

HI ALL!!

just orderd my new Bosch 36v GSB36-VLI combi drill and my new BOSCH GBH36V-Li 36V li-ion COMPACT HAMMER DRILL can anyone tell me if i have made the correct choice in power tools? :eek:

lol dont be! i went on the screwfix forum and seen what u were talking about! the guy that started the thread ended up gettin pelters for his complaint about the drill! there was more replys sayin he was full of it!:D so theres still hope for me yet!

I had a Bosch 24v coordles for nearly 5 yrs now and the only thing that let me down was battery after 4 years so bought a new one and it works just like the day I bought.

I'll never use any thing else, I'm going to buy one when the money comes in from my big win ;)

Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but I have loads of the 36v Bosch stuff and love it but was a little dissapointed with the GBH36V-Li Compact, I also own the GBH36VF-Li which is awesome and has loads of power, drills 25mm auger holes with ease.

However I only use the SDS Compact for small holes as it's clutch is very very keen and if you try to drill 25mm holes it has a tendancy to lock, also the trigger isn't too responsive so starting holes slowly is difficult. Mine was so bad I researched it online and found loads of people saying the same thing so I contacted Bosch to see if it was a design fault which they were recalling but they said no it was just how it was made.

The weight if it is very impressive and can easily be used with one hand (Something you struggle with on the full size model) and the batteries seem to have plenty of life in them. In total I have 8 x 2.6ah batteries and 4 x 1.3ah batteries but never even need to use half of them. And it is more powerful than most other drills of the same weight.

I also use the GSR36, GSB36 and have just bought the circular saw.

Build quality is one thing you will never complain about with them.

Let me know how you get on.

I did wonder what the difference between the 2 were now I do thanks so I take the second one you mention can pretty much stand up against a 110v or 240v drill but not the compact

thanks

I have a corded bosch 110v 650w SDS which I no longer get out of it's case unless I have a lot of drilling to do, and I mean A LOT. I have become so lazy, I can never be bothered to take the transformer out of the van now.

I don't think I have ever used more than 3 batteries in one day and that would be preparing for first fix, 25mm holes in joists by the hundreds, fixing back boxes etc. The GSB36 drill also drills brick and breeze with ease but does struggle a little on stone.

Completly off topic but I also recently bought a Fein Multimaster and it has paid for itself in the last 2 weeks, I hated lifting floorboards, especially in old houses where they splinter and snap but with the Fein I take a little time cutting nice access holes. Am also using the Bosch GKS36v for larger jobs, great for plunge cutting but does require a good grip :D

Please don't get me wrong, the Compact 36v SDS is still a great little drill, far more powerful than the GSB36 and far easier to hold than the larger SDS, I still use it occasionally but only really for drilling brick or breeze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old boss had the larger 36v good drill found it discharged quite quickly though this was due to the low amp hr rating of the batteries. When I left him I took the plunge and bought a Hilti lith 36v 2.6 amp hrs brilliant lasts far longer even drilling 32mm irwin wood bits. Would always rate bosch as having almost the same level of build and performance as a hilti, the only real difference being the level of after-sales service and the unlimited warranty, which covers batteries and wear and tear. This gives me less down time on tools which is worth paying for.

I posted in power tools but no one has answered!!! pennywise would it definately be a good idea to buy hilti?? I'm looking to buy power tools and am unsure what to invest in!!!! I cant see how cost is an issue as it can all be claimed back anyway.

The Hilti is well worth the money! I didn't go for the larger hilti 36v, as I thought that the rotary stop just added extra weight and seeing as I do alot of chopping out thought it was best to find a lightweight corded sds so I didn't need to worry about the battery crashing at the wrong time. I found the TE-7 really well balanced and reasonably light for a 750w drill. In the year and a half i've had my gear only one thing went wrong one of the batteries, it got an electronics fault on it about 14 months in, told Hilti in the morning they sent UPS for it that afternoon from site. it was back with me in three working days with one new battery no questions asked and they serviced the drill at the same time, Brilliant service. I've also got their chasing machine, 4.5in angle grinder, 14.4v lith drill driver and vacuum cleaner all are great. I bought them all in my first year of trading got to claim back 40% worth of tax credit on them all, though my accountant has just told me last meeting that the rules have changed this year and now you get to claim back £55000 tax credit for start up costs. Sorry for long post and hijacking the thread and yes I am a tool nut, hope this helped Jack1307. cheers

The Hilti is well worth the money! I didn't go for the larger hilti 36v, as I thought that the rotary stop just added extra weight and seeing as I do alot of chopping out thought it was best to find a lightweight corded sds so I didn't need to worry about the battery crashing at the wrong time. I found the TE-7 really well balanced and reasonably light for a 750w drill. In the year and a half i've had my gear only one thing went wrong one of the batteries, it got an electronics fault on it about 14 months in, told Hilti in the morning they sent UPS for it that afternoon from site. it was back with me in three working days with one new battery no questions asked and they serviced the drill at the same time, Brilliant service. I've also got their chasing machine, 4.5in angle grinder, 14.4v lith drill driver and vacuum cleaner all are great. I bought them all in my first year of trading got to claim back 40% worth of tax credit on them all, though my accountant has just told me last meeting that the rules have changed this year and now you get to claim back £55000 tax credit for start up costs. Sorry for long post and hijacking the thread and yes I am a tool nut, hope this helped Jack1307. cheers
Wouldn't touch hilti with a long barge pole.Site i'm on they supply cordless and corded,useless

Bait taken. Just interested as to why?
Hammer and normal cordless,have to change batteries anything up to 3 times a day.All tools are leased on a special deal from Hilti.Not doing massive amounts of work with the drills,but the batteries don't seem to last.As you said they do take away and repair within 3 days

Last edited by a moderator:
What size holes 6mm fixings or 16mm and up and into what, must be high density concrete with a high flint content. I almost signed up for that Hilti fleet management thing you can get the big cordless for around 10 pounds a month. what drill driver do they supply you the 14.4v or the 22v.

What size holes 6mm fixings or 16mm and up and into what, must be high density concrete with a high flint content. I almost signed up for that Hilti fleet management thing you can get the big cordless for around 10 pounds a month. what drill driver do they supply you the 14.4v or the 22v.
14.4V.Drilling 6mm holes and its precast concrete

Reply to BOSCH 36v DRILL!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net