Discuss BOSCH 36v DRILL!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

So the 14.4V is just the drill driver not a combi, and your drilling the 6mm holes with the 36v sds with hilti drill bits?. Do the batteries get there full charge or are they ripped straight out the charger when all the lights have just come on. Maybe the batteries aren't getting enough time to cool between discharging and recharging, have you got two people using the same batteries simultaneously or two for each drill one on charge one in use.

So the 14.4V is just the drill driver not a combi, and your drilling the 6mm holes with the 36v sds with hilti drill bits?. Do the batteries get there full charge or are they ripped straight out the charger when all the lights have just come on. Maybe the batteries aren't getting enough time to cool between discharging and recharging, have you got two people using the same batteries simultaneously or two for each drill one on charge one in use.
When the drills are taken back to the site office,all batteries are charged overnight,if everyone can remember to put them on charge.The drill driver is worse than the 36V,only have 2.4Ah batteries on the 36V

Is it worth buying the hilti stuff then or not!!! I have used it occaisionally on site as i have other makes but never really compared them. Used different tools for different jobs etc. ie 36v hilti went through steels very easy compared to the 24v bosch i was struggling with. As for smaller all rounder never really had chance to compare different makes!!

the 14.4V is a bit hungry on the batteries I have to admit am I right in guessing it's more the 14.4V thats the ball arch when needing a charge, currently I haven't been using it as much as it's my back up drill got a 10.8v Pro tool drill much lighter and longer battery life, though i didn't buy it because of the Hilti being that bad, It was just I had to have this seasons new tool. The 36V I find on a hard day drilling preformed concrete with a 6mm bit I can get away with 2 charges a day but it's all subjective anyway, does anyone else have any other brand onsite just as a comparison.

Jack maybe take a look at one of the Hilti centers they have all their gear and you can try it out there and then, I know this doesn't give you a direct comparison but it's a chance to get a feel for the tools. You will never get a definitive answer from anyone as everyone has a different opinion only you can make up your own mind. If getting a hands on comparison fails just compare manufacturers stats to narrow down the choices. Sorry it's not much more help.

Last edited by a moderator:
the 14.4V is a bit hungry on the batteries I have to admit am I right in guessing it's more the 14.4V thats the ball arch when needing a charge, currently I haven't been using it as much as it's my back up drill got a 10.8v Pro tool drill much lighter and longer battery life, though i didn't buy it because of the Hilti being that bad, It was just I had to have this seasons new tool. The 36V I find on a hard day drilling preformed concrete with a 6mm bit I can get away with 2 charges a day but it's all subjective anyway, does anyone else have any other brand onsite just as a comparison.

Jack maybe take a look at one of the Hilti centers they have all their gear and you can try it out there and then, I know this doesn't give you a direct comparison but it's a chance to get a feel for the tools. You will never get a definitive answer from anyone as everyone has a different opinion only you can make up your own mind. If getting a hands on comparison fails just compare manufacturers stats to narrow down the choices. Sorry it's not much more help.
True mate,they are a pain in the rear regarding the batteries,14.4V.36V not too bad but still need to change the battery during the day.A long walk back to the site office

DeWalt all the way mate.I have 18V combi and it goes for ages.Bosch 24V SDS and its the business,2nd one i've had

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosch seem to be the only ones who have got a handle on the 36v gear.
I have sold a few 36v bits and for the most part people are happy but still dissapointed overall.
I guess you cant please everybody, expectation levels are different.

it better had be if you've already coughed up. seriously though ive got some bosch kit and it lives up to expectations
I have 36v Bosch sds and it is a brilliant bit of kit. I wouldn't be without it.. Bosch warranty is second to none ,as they will come to your home or job to pick it up in the event of a fault. All my tools are Bosch now .

Reply to BOSCH 36v DRILL!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net