Discuss Bosch GBH 36 V_LI Compact Professional Drill Repair in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Toller

Hi.
Does anyone have any experience of repairing or having this type of drill repaired?

I have been asked to investigate a problem of the drill stopping intermittently during operation.

It seems it could be a simple loose internal connection or a problem with the electronics.

I am loathe at the moment to open it up to check (it is well out of it warranty) because I am concerned that the shock-absorbing bellows section of the body might require a special tool to remove and/or refit.
I should hate to return it to its owner in pieces because I am unable to put it back together again.

I would be grateful for any advice

never worked at that particular model but repaired some bosch tools. broken mains cable, carbon brushes etc. found them well engineered and easy to repair...

intermittent stopping in use is also an indication that Li-Ion battery is almost flat.

to check battery - open the case, it will have several cells - measure their voltages with a multimeter, most likely one or two will be dead and rest showing up ok.
needs a bit of soldering skills but you can replace the dead ones and have battery pack working again.
plenty of videos on the net on how to do it.

I've just attempted to change a couple of cells in my Bosch 36v battery and failed. The way the 'tags connevtions' are soldered onto the individual cells make it almost impossible. The average solder gun won't look at it, and the old still irons struggle, with the tag disintergtating before the solder takes.
I ended up buying a new 4ah batter for around ÂŁ70

Reply to Bosch GBH 36 V_LI Compact Professional Drill Repair in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi. I bought a Sealey 750W power drill, and ever since the first day I had it problems began to arise. First, it does not always start smoothly...
Replies
Views
T
I have a Boch GBH 24v 3Ah hammer drill that I considered a good bit of kit sadly the batteries have died but I still want to use it the batteries...
Replies
Views
F
Ok people, we all know what it's like like working within a limited suspended ceiling void and trying to angle your drill to where you need to be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking at buying a decent drill that can cope with everyday drilling tasks such as drilling through brick,metal and wood would it...
Replies
Views
Recently read a thread on the forum that I thought I'd bring to the attention of others. Hopefully it'll help cut out scamming in the industry, if...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock