Discuss Breaking Main Fuse Seal.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry for the wrong number, I know I have a lot to learn still that's why I'm here.

The point was you can die changing a light just as easily as messing with a main fuse in the wrong circumstances.

You can die falling off a ladder changing the lamp. It's all a matter of priority and using common sense and, of course, a little experience comes into play.

thats more like it, the thing is there are quite a few of us on here with over 3 times your level of experience,and due to the way things are going with this forum at the minute we are getting tired of the diy brigade coming on here pretending to be sparkies.just think for a minute before you post and it will help you to avoid getting leapt on by a bunch of irate sparkies,the way its going we tend to judge you by your posts not by what you say is your level of experience.

I would add that not only should you think for a minute, but maybe you should check what you've typed before you post it - just to make sure you've not missed-out an "0" here & there. ;)

kamn235l.jpg

nail hit on head. 3 days to 3 weeks notice to send a man out for less than 1 hour. that might have been acceptable in 1930, but it sure ain't these days. bet if it's a new boiler with £1000 profit, they'd be a bit sharper.

i have to admit to 1 case of personal injury pulling a DNO fuse. the bugger was that tight, i tugged like frick, it came out suddenly and i fell backwards on my arse straight onto a 3036 fuse holder pins. bloody painful.

Reply to Breaking Main Fuse Seal.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Everyone, I have a faulty smart meter, its broken since I moved in and I am putting all my effort to fix this, I am a tenant though. A...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (Note, this is not a DIY, I'm using a fully qualified electrician, just posting here...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views
I'm having an extension built and the builder leading the project has said that the electrician will be over in about 4-6 weeks to start his works...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock