Discuss Breaking Main Fuse Seal.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Whats wrong with you guys. Just snip the seal remove fuse and put back when you finish if your that concerned bout the law ect order some seals from ebay and replace when your done.

Do you also find burgalry a good past time? How about beating up people that sounds like it would be fun too. Hey why not also get ****ed and drive home.

Not wishing to sound ---- here, but I was making a general reference to what most people would class as a "high" enough "voltage" to kill you.

Explain the difference between the voltage at the fuse and the voltage in a light fitting ?

If your worried about the lack of fuse
It only takes 3 milliamps to kill.
So by the time any rated breaker trips your 100 times over that.

But we talking amps not volts
Current kills

Anyway Don't touch the fuse
I've heard bad things happen

Whats wrong with you guys. Just snip the seal remove fuse and put back when you finish if your that concerned bout the law ect order some seals from ebay and replace when your done.
At close inspection the DNO will know those are not the seals they fitted as each seal is crimped with a pair of crimpers that has a number on it which is marked onto the lead. Each number is dedicated to each meter fitter for the DNO. At least that's how NIE(Power NI) do it here in Northern Ireland

At close inspection the DNO will know those are not the seals they fitted as each seal is crimped with a pair of crimpers that has a number on it which is marked onto the lead. Each number is dedicated to each meter fitter for the DNO. At least that's how NIE(Power NI) do it here in Northern Ireland

How often do you have seal number inspections in Ireland?

They not That regular over here :rolleyes:

Each number is dedicated to each meter fitter for the DNO. At least that's how NIE(Power NI) do it here in Northern Ireland

Still would be traceable here, except every man and all his dogs can fit meters.
DNO here would only fit meters at the request of the supplier.
There must be tens of thousands of I.D's around nowadays in the U.K

In the day when they did bother about seal ID's they never noticed I'd got MEB seals on my NWEB meter.

Years ago the DNO would come out and connect properties, and they're authorised to cut the seal, pull the fuse and reseal it afterwards. Nowadays new installations are fitted with a DP isolator at the intake so the CU can be changed without pulling the fuse. Obviously older installations won't have an isolator, so one should be fitted by the DNO before you change the CU.
Members of certain competent persons' schemes are authorised to pull fuses and reseal with a temporary seal provided the DNO are notified within a certain timescale so they can come and reseal, otherwise the only time you can pull the fuse is in the event of an emergency, when the DNO should be notified at the earliest available opportunity.

If you pull the fuse then LABC come and inspect it, they're probably going to ask how you managed to isolate the supply.

Years ago the DNO would come out and connect properties, and they're authorised to cut the seal, pull the fuse and reseal it afterwards. Nowadays new installations are fitted with a DP isolator at the intake so the CU can be changed without pulling the fuse. Obviously older installations won't have an isolator, so one should be fitted by the DNO before you change the CU.
Members of certain competent persons' schemes are authorised to pull fuses and reseal with a temporary seal provided the DNO are notified within a certain timescale so they can come and reseal, otherwise the only time you can pull the fuse is in the event of an emergency, when the DNO should be notified at the earliest available opportunity.

Or if you get called out late at night and don't have a spare one on the van ask on here if someone has one lying round so you don.t have to disturb the DNO late at night.

Or if you get called out late at night and don't have a spare one on the van ask on here if someone has one lying round so you don.t have to disturb the DNO late at night.

Silly mistake not having a spare.

;)

Power off at 10 pm, you turn up pull fuse, on here at 8 AM looking for fuse, that 10 hours without power. Someone else said the DNO will turn up within 4 hours of turning up and change fuse thats at least 6 hours quicker than you were. So a few hours charged by you, compared to maybe 2 hours max fault finding.

The DNO also would probably not charged for the fuse unlike yourself.

How often do you have seal number inspections in Ireland?

They not That regular over here :rolleyes:

Firstly it's Northern Ireland not Ireland I was talking about. when a meter is being read they are supposed to check the seals. Not saying its always done but its supposed to be done.

Power off at 10 pm, you turn up pull fuse, on here at 8 AM looking for fuse, that 10 hours without power. Someone else said the DNO will turn up within 4 hours of turning up and change fuse thats at least 6 hours quicker than you were. So a few hours charged by you, compared to maybe 2 hours max fault finding.

The DNO also would probably not charged for the fuse unlike yourself.

They still wouldn't of had power if the dno had come because they had a fault!

why do u not under stand that???? I stopped looking for a fault after 45 mins of looking because they were been charged a lot of money, and 2 I couldn't be certain it was fixed till the supply was back.

When a house is pitch black other than torches and loads of stuff plugged in lamps in situ and appliances wired in it. You can't say just how long the fault will take to find.

same here hawk....
meterman told me this one the other day....i had asked him just off the cuff how he would react if he saw a meter seal had been removed
say if:
a) the seal had been removed but there had been evidence of recent work carried out....such as a new board

or

b)seals removed but no evidence of works having been carried out..

his response to both?

well i have to report them anyway regardless.

Reply to Breaking Main Fuse Seal.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock