Discuss BS 5839 Part 6 Domestic Fire Detectors in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All, first time trying this so be gentle with me!
Down here in Sussex hearing about Fire Regs in rented domestic properties being required to have Heat Detectors fitted in kitchens from April 2013. Don't know if it's true, from BS5839, not yet heard back from our local Council if it's a local interpretation of BS5839, or a letting agent trying to drum up business for their maintenance dept.

Anyone know of impending changes with regards to this?

There is BS5839 part 6 and there is the local Council.....two differnt worlds..lol most local councils always request heat detection in kitchens, so nothing new there. As for BS, the kitchen is a hazerous area so advise the same. Most councils will request LD2 or LD3 in most grade D buildings

Reply to BS 5839 Part 6 Domestic Fire Detectors in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Having a bit of a mare at the moment with a small 2 story HMO (6 single rooms with shared kitchen) which was fitted relatively recently (2016 or...
Replies
Views
T
So three days and half a K later am I wiser? Not having anything to compare it to it is hard to benchmark. However the tutor was good knows his...
Replies
Views
Hey all. I am a fully qualified sparky - 30+ years. Recently started working as project manager (my knees are shot!) for a security company doing...
Replies
Views
S
Hello I am a house owner. Where can I get a copy of BS 5839: Part 1:2013 ("Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings.")? Many thanks
Replies
Views
B
Hi guys I have been doing some research but looking to see if some of you can shed some further light before I start ringing my Napit inspector...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock