Discuss BS5308 Cables Type 1 or 2 Part 1 or 2 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

Always boggled me if i`m honest about BS5308 cables. The armoured variety is what i deal with mainly.

Part 1 or 2 : Not really sure look on Batt cables just says, "Part 1 cables are widely used throughout the petroleum industry" Not really a proper answer.

Type 1 or 2 : Seems to relate to whether or not its armoured or not...?

Wondered if you guys knew.

Cheers
WS

Reply to BS5308 Cables Type 1 or 2 Part 1 or 2 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Experienced Electrician, C&G 236 Parts 1 & 2, AM 1 & 2 18th Edition Am 2. (JIB Gold Card) I've been out of the trade for some time, but did a...
Replies
Views
So, I already have solar (an older FITS installation) and it's been particularly successful so I want to extend this. I'd like to do two things at...
Replies
Views
I have had a kitchen extesion built on an old property (c.1810), which has an unusual consumer unit situation. Part of the property has only a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm installing an Garage consumer unit in an outbuilding being converted to a studio for a photographer just 1 ring main and lighting...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My first post here, thought I'd see if it was possible to get some advice or tips... Basically, I had a large amount of block paving and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock