Discuss building control certificate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A friend had another electrician to do some work and they told her that he would post the cert and notify building control .she hasnt heard anything for a while and hasnt recieved the cert so was just asking some advice.

Well I would tell the person who requested the work to ask the person doing the certifying as surely they will have a better idea than yourself?

Well I would say it is safe to say it wont be coming anytime soon.

Does the customer have anything from the company saying it will issue certs and notify LABC?

I'd advise that "your friend" google the competent persons scheme, and enter the name of the sparky in question - if they are registered your friend could then contact their scheme (Elecsa, Napit or NICEIC) and see what the situation is.

I'm guessing they'll paid the bill....

the electricial was niceic registered so will get "MY FRIEND" to check with them.but am pretty sure that she did this and he was registered on their site.all i wanted to know was if it was possible to check on a website(possibly building control) if a job had been notified or not.

the electricial was niceic registered so will get "MY FRIEND" to check with them.but am pretty sure that she did this and he was registered on their site.all i wanted to know was if it was possible to check on a website(possibly building control) if a job had been notified or not.

A registered sparky has up to 30 days to notify and it can take up to 30 days for the cert to arrive. Having said that the sparky should have sent the EIC well before 60 days are up

You wont here from this guy again and not to knock her but I doubt she actually checked into his "credentials". She's probably just said that to you as she is embarresed at being taken for a ride.

However looking on the positive side of it, I suspect she paid the lowest price for the work though! :cowboy:

She heard from the electrician today(had a family death) and he is sending the cert tomorrow to her.He told her that he has already notified the job so everything is ok.

why is it everyone on this site always thinks the worse of other electricians?or is it just me?:41:

She heard from the electrician today(had a family death) and he is sending the cert tomorrow to her.He told her that he has already notified the job so everything is ok.

why is it everyone on this site always thinks the worse of other electricians?or is it just me?:41:

Some of us are naturally suspicious of some of the posts and please don't take this the wrong way BUT looking at some of your earlier posts YOU should know all this stuff on this thread.

I have read the last comment a few times and am still not 100% with the statement,so here goes
building control certificate {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

"Perhaps it is just you"

Reply to building control certificate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock