Discuss Business bank account in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I was with HSBC and was attracted by their free banking period. The per transaction fees after this period made me move to santander for their monthly fixed fee option which worked out about a third of the monthly cost of HSBC.

I like that with HSBC I can pay in at my local post office - but guessing HSBC aren't alone in this feature. Do santander offer that too as there isn't one hear me

Yep, santander account holders can use post offices or simply postal deposit. My local branches have out of hours deposit facilities at their cash machines too.

Last edited:
A thing to bare in mind, I spoke to my bank last week about paying in a cheque at the post office and they said I could but wouldn't advise it.

Basically whatever you choose, keep an eye on the charges for paying in cheque a & cash etc as some seem quite steep.

Always remember that the banks are all in the game,for the same reason. Managers,even if they do not "job share",have very little say over things,and kick it up the chain,to get decisions ok'd.

I have been with Williams and Glynns,RBS,Abbey/Santander,and now Natwest. All,much of a muchness,till Santander proved they were like a real bank...only with none of the security or service...

I have always run my business account through my personal account,and,on gaining a missus and joint account,through that.

I have NEVER been charged for any of my business banking,over what the standard personal account charges amount to.

Cheques in,out,drafts,loans and overdrafts,all run concurrent with my/our normal banking.

The Natwest pulled a face,concerning this,on inquiring a possible move from Santander,but in the end,they agreed,setting a five figure limit on the business through-put,which i will not be exceeding.

I find it hard to believe, that i am alone,in this arrangement,and find the banks general attitude to small businesses,akin to childhood,biblical stories,regarding the money-lenders.

...and how long have i been rowing cross-tide in the banking waters? ...well,my first account,with provision for borrowing and a cheque book,was with Williams and Glynns,at age 18,and i am 52 this year :goofy:

Me missus,has worked in the finance sector,all her life,and works for a large,independent FA. If you think the electrical industry is suffering an injection of Electrical Trainee and a dumbing down...you aint seen nowt :freak:

Having a business account adds to your credibility - sure it may cost a few pounds a month - but it keeps all my business activities separate from our personal / joint account so its just easier!

I've a business account with Santander (transported over from Alliance and Leicester), no fees at all.

Having a business account adds to your credibility - sure it may cost a few pounds a month - but it keeps all my business activities separate from our personal / joint account so its just easier!

It adds to the banks credit,that's for sure. I agree,if it is something you are used to and happy with,no problems,but i for one,have never needed one to assure anyone,of my credibility.

My accountant,creditors and debtors,HMRC,all the customers i have ever dealt with,both here and overseas,have never squeaked a murmur,regarding this point.

I have used the very same accounts for all of my transactions,in different currencies,for income,expenditure,asset sale and purchases,half-way into six figures,never had one company,individual or institution,cock a snoop.

The thing to realize,is all the razz of "business account",or my favourite "personal business adviser",boils down to nothing more than banking law,or regulation,consumer law,and any arrangement made between the bank and customer,that observes both.

There is no lawful reason,beyond a banks own business policy,that prevents ALL the arrangements agreed to on a business account,being applied to an account of any other name.

Murdoch is right,i concede,regarding a new or unknown trader,where it may give a new customer a degree of confidence,but as most of my business is on a trust basis,with longstanding partners,it matters not.

Shiny,liveried vehicles,certs,scheme stickers,tee-shirts with yer name on...all may,add to credibility...but can also,a muppet conceal :goofy:

Reply to Business bank account in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock