Discuss Buzzing GU10 LED's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

So I changed 10 x halogen MR16's for 10 x Megaman dimmable 5.5w LED's along with a VPro dimmer (rated up to 10 LED's)

When the lights are switched on, they are silent but after 10 -15 minutes they start buzzing - the lamps, not the dimmer.

I swapped the dimmer for a standard switch today, and they are silent!

Anyone else had this problem? and how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Will depend on the transformers fitted too. I've found many that just won't work with MR16 LED - especially if dimmed - no matter what the manufacturers say.

Better swapping to GU10 IMO.

I had one before Christmas and it was doing that and it was the vpro module. And another module go faulty that wouldn't go to full brightness. Was fed up watching the YouTube video to make sure I was doing that one right lol Both in same house too,
Though I had an odd one yesterday myself, used LAP dimmable lamps from screwfix, at a job that I did 26 in a couple months back with bell lamps, led dimmers from the wholesaler, yesterday led dimmer from wholesaler, lamps flickering, switched with 1 in the other room from before to see, still flickering, 0w minimum dimmers too, they both worked in the previous room, so got a lap dimmer this morning from screwfix, fitted it and working perfectly. I'm now wondering do lap lamps only dim with lap dimmers? Lol

Robus do a good Led dimmable module, I get them from Kew Electrical here. That may be worth a try.

I've never used the lamps you have there, but my inclination is dimmer module on recent experience with vpro.

Reply to Buzzing GU10 LED's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning All Got little bit situation going on, causing multiple visits (luckily only 2 mins drive from where we are.) Client not 100% happy with...
Replies
Views
I've read lots of conflicting information on the internet about dimmable LED lightbulbs. Some people have said that even if a supplier claims that...
Replies
Views
Anyone had much luck with these? I fitted 2x to the same circuit that had been working fine for weeks with the standard Quinetic switch QUR303...
Replies
Views
So often we have these difficulties...incompatible LEDs/dimmers...lamps staying lit, dimly and dimmers not doing the job. I hope to assist a...
Replies
Views
Recently moved into a new home and replaced the main light fitting in the sitting room. We replaced it with this dimmable LED fitting: ENDON...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock