Discuss Bypassed Door Entry System in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

What have the Unauthorised people been doing or what have they to gain by getting past the outer door.?
Sorry, missed this bit: post has been going missing and there has been some credit card fraud. The police have been involved, but they don't seem to know how these guys are getting in either.

hightower has the solution just ask them! Why try and guess what is going wrong and spend money when the answer is staring you in the face? I read all the answers and kept asking why doesn't he just ask them! The answer is probably that the door just doesn't close properly! just seeing the lock I could bypass it in 20 seconds, but I bet the method I would use would not be what the leaflet droppers are using.

Absolutely agree on asking them but that isn't as easy as it may seem. We have tried (and failed) on the one opportunity we've had but they normally come when most people are out at work, so a bit tricky to catch them. Plus when at home, it is impossible to keep watch all day. Those who are up to no good are unlikely to ring anyone's doorbell either.

Will certainly be asking again if we get another chance but I don't imagine they will be massively keen to tell us how they are getting in, so we can stop it. I just wondered if there was anything obvious that people who know far more about this stuff than me can help with.

Lock definitely does close properly. Worrying that it could be bypassed in 20 seconds by (yet) another method though! I guess there's no such thing as 100% security.

I reviewed you posted link and saw it shows no real security content so popped it back in you post, my apologies on this for taking it out but had to air on the side of caution as i was reviewing it via a mobile, I cannot see anything incriminating or a security issue, looks like he knows a code he shouldn't.

Last edited:
Definitely no such thing as 100% security. We have servers individually locked, in a locked rack, which is in a locked cupboard of a locked room. Would be a pain to steal them I admit, but if someone wanted them bad enough they'd be gone.

Looks very easy to bypass that locking arrangement, very typical of security on the cheap where some or all of the components used are easily compromised because they are not fit for purpose

Is the door release fail open or fail secure?

Yeah, it was on the video link that was removed, they don't seem to go anywhere near the posties code pad. I guess they could be cleverly deceiving us somehow. Code compromise is certainly a possibility.

Thanks for info re the lock/frame. Worth us checking that out.
I don't think we've removed a video. Add it again.

Reply to Bypassed Door Entry System in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net