Discuss Cable for Illuminated Mirror with Demister Pad... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Billy Whizz

Hi all,

Installing an illuminated bathroom mirror (with demister pad) outside Zones 1 & 2. Is the existing 1.5mm twin & earth from the lighting circuit, that supplied the previous illuminated mirror (no demister), acceptable? Or will the addition of the integral demister require a wiring change?

Many thanks & best regards,

BW

1.5mm cable will be more than adequate.

I have used a connection unit behind the mirror and a bit of pond flex, but that's just me expecting earthquakes and floods. Any teenagers in the house?

• Funny
Reactions: Zdb
Thanks guys. :)

No Wilko, no teenagers here for a couple of years yet. ;);)

Beat regards,

BW

These are good if you have a twin & earth cable as most mirrors are designed for a flex.

858-600x366_0.jpg

Reply to Cable for Illuminated Mirror with Demister Pad... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Looking for a little advice and also hopefully some education :) Have recently bought a flat (for which warranty period has expired) which has...
Replies
Views
My extractor fan has given up the ghost this week and I was hoping to replace it myself, however I cannot do a like for like swap as the current...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a house. I am rewiring myself. I am getting an electrician to install a new consumer unit & test all my work. I'm looking...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time poster. I’ve tried looking everywhere for a solution to this, so hopefully someone can help me. I’m trying to wire my led bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I purchased a Time twin strand bell cable with a rating of 12-30V, 2A, low voltage, not for mains use. I wish to use this for installing our...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock