Discuss Cable for NTL TV signal in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

OK. This may be a basic question but I don't know the answer, so I have my tin hat on just in case.

Customer has NTL/Cable point in place, with a phone point next to it.

Customer wants NTL outlet in room about 4 meters away - so can I simply run a longer single satellite grade aerial cable from the incomer to the new outlet?

(the place is being refurbished and I want to get the cable inside the stud walls before the plasterboard goes up!)

Thanks

Yes you can, good coupling add whatever length you need. One feed to one point and no problems. F type males and coupler should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. This may be a basic question but I don't know the answer, so I have my tin hat on just in case.

Customer has NTL/Cable point in place, with a phone point next to it.

Customer wants NTL outlet in room about 4 meters away - so can I simply run a longer single satellite grade aerial cable from the incomer to the new outlet?

(the place is being refurbished and I want to get the cable inside the stud walls before the plasterboard goes up!)

Thanks
only just come across your post. so probbly to late now. so for future reference
NTL / virgin use RG6/ RG59. cable. (not sat cable.) ie works at at lower freq. 30-40Mhz for the return path.
Depending how far they are from the street cab. will depend how long it works for.
being ex NTL. had dozens of customers telling me "the man in the shop says it will be OK."
So when I swap for correct cable and internet comes back on. we now agree I was right. As Brian Clough would say........

did a first fix for virgin once for a customer, heard some stories about virgin been very picky about cable connected to their kit, explained to the customer, he called to them, explained the situation, couple of days later virgin installer turned up and left some 20 meters of cable they use.

Reply to Cable for NTL TV signal in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock