Discuss Cables in cavity of walls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nowhere as far as can think without looking.
Just a requirement of the builders and the building inspector.
It's not a massive headache I've got no problem doing it.

Thanks, something I've often done too.

It was the "we are required" suggested it was a mandatory requirement......

Thanks, something I've often done too.

It was the "we are required" suggested it was a mandatory requirement......
I've also been required to place all cooker control switches to the right hand side of the cooker/ hob because apparently 95% of the population are right handed and wouldn't want the switch on the left hand side!

True story!

I've also been required to place all cooker control switches to the right hand side of the cooker/ hob because apparently 95% of the population are right handed and wouldn't want the switch on the left hand side!

True story!
LOL. I'm right-handed but mine's on the left-hand side. That said, I didn't wire it.

But most of the ones I can think of are to the left of the cooker.

True story!

Blimey, if that got out, Jeremy Vine could devout a whole programme about that, not to mention not passing the 'Daily Mail test'. :)

True story!

My place has switch on LHS (not done by me) and guess what, its a perfect match for me. Must be destiny ...

Lefties, thought you all had your left hand tide behind your backs at primary school.

Sometimes, I think we have become a Nanny State, then other times I think we've gone backwards. How the pendulum swings.

Reply to Cables in cavity of walls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net