Discuss Calibration Poll in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Calibration service and price:

• Wholesaler calibration day/ Onsite calibration van: £0-40

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Wholesaler calibration day/ Onsite calibration van: £40-60

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • Wholesaler calibration day/ Onsite calibration van: £60-80

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Wholesaler calibration day/ Onsite calibration van: £80+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Courier collection & return service: £0-40

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Courier collection & return service: £40-60

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Courier collection & return service: £60-80

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Courier collection & return service: £80+

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
F

Former Sponsor TM

Browsing recent threads regarding calibration, it’s been interesting to see what people are paying for an annual calibration service on their test equipment.

Please could everyone take a second to vote in a quick poll to give indicate what price you are or have been paid in the past. Prices include VAT and are based on a standard calibration service on a multifunction tester - thanks in advance.

I stand (sit) corrected it is the forum sponsor expansion arrow (that has now moved to the left) that is blocking those lines, once the sponsors are expanded it is OK.
If the sponsors are hidden then the top two options are not available

Last edited:
I stand (sit) corrected it is the forum sponsor expansion arrow (that has now moved to the left) that is blocking those lines, once the sponsors are expanded it is OK.
If the sponsors are hidden then the top two options are not available

Dan - can you please have a look at this as it's the same in my browser too. I'm using Chrome...

Anyone taking an MFT into a wholesalers for calibration while you wait, or have a guy come round to conduct an on-site calibration, and your calibration cert isn't even worth the paper it's written on. I'd go further, and say that those conducting such calibration tests are doing so fraudulently.

There are set procedures that need to be followed, before any testing can be conducted, that relate to both the equipment that is to be tested/certified, and the equipment that will be used to conduct the testing and being certified calibrated against!! One of the most important procedures, revolves around laid down environmental conditions of the test area/lab....

You can check those conditions, as they should be clearly printed on any Certificate of Calibration issued....

Hi everyone. The reason I started this poll was to see what people were paying in order for us to pitch a one stop calibration service that is specific to forum members.

Over the last few years we have invested a lot of time and money into the latest Transmille calibration equipment and software. Calibration is carried out at our premises in Leeds in a controlled environment and we offer a service which is fully traceable to both national and UKAS standards along with a personalised calibration certificate. Over the last two years we have also been audited by many UK manufacturers and carry authorised calibration partner status; this enables us access to calibration reminder reset codes and service manuals.

As a forum sponsor, we try our best to support you all in any way that we can. Further to this I would like to propose the following prices for a calibration service:

Multifunction Tester - £60
Single 17th Edition Tester - £40
230V PAT Tester - £60
230V/110V PAT Tester - £70

The above prices include VAT, collection and return courier service. We aim to complete the service within 2-3 working days upon receipt of your equipment.
We use DPD, who will send you both SMS and email notification of collection and delivery time slots to minimise disruption to your day.
To arrange booking a collection, please email [email protected] or contact us on 01132 48 99 66.

Unfortunately we are charged over 3 times the normal logistics rate to and from Northern Ireland. If you could fund sending the equipment to us yourself, I will calibrate and return to you for the costs above.

Please note that the 2-3 day working day turnaround may be affected by a day or so by the prolonged shipping times.

I haven't used the poll because there wasn't an option for me.

My MFT is £60 and PAT tester was £50.

Dropped into the Calibration Center in Stafford (15 minutes from Home) and collected the next day.

Martin

I am reasonably close to OEM service dept. So I drop it off in the morning, go and have breakfast, make a few calls and collect a few hours later. Works for me as I can need the MFT at very short notice so 2-3 or 4 or 5 days without does not work

I am reasonably close to OEM service dept. So I drop it off in the morning, go and have breakfast, make a few calls and collect a few hours later. Works for me as I can need the MFT at very short notice so 2-3 or 4 or 5 days without does not work

Fine if all you want is a sticker on your MFT, but the certificate itself will be next to worthless!!

I can appreciate that time and location is key to some of you.

Don't shoot me down - I'm simply offering a service which is flexible, affordable and also takes the hassle away from you having to think about what courier to send a unit with, what insurance options are available etc.

Part of the calibration process is allowing measurement equipment to acclimatise to the environment it is being calibrated in. A four hour period is recommended, but we tend to allow twelve hours. Taking this into consideration, I don't think a 2-3 day turnaround is a bad service to offer, and more often than not this also allows for delivery times.

I'm not sure how 15 minute calibration vans and same day services work, perhaps you can shed some light on this? We're not aiming to offer a service which is worth toffee; I would personally want to trust that the readings provided by my test equipment are 100% accurate - the service we offer is one that has been audited to national standards and is UKAS traceable.

As above, if you just want a sticker to satisfy annual assessment, please make sure you are keeping your own records of test results using a checkbox or dedicated circuit to make sure your test results are not deviating.

Reply to Calibration Poll in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net