Discuss can a single phase feed run 240v sockets in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

domdedom

Hi folks,
I am a general handyman and currently doing some work for a hairdresser/beauty salon owner friend of mine. As these jobs tend to do as i am sure you guys will know. The jobs keep getting added too as i have gone along (surprise surprise). i recently fitted a kitchen into a room that had previously been used for a sunbed. at the time she was quite happy to just have have a cold feed water supply to the sink. However now i have done that she has asked it i could fit a over sink water heater. and a couple of sockets. However the only supply to the room is the 3 phase for the sunbed. which at the point of entry to the room has its own isolator. as i removed the large red socket from where i was fitting the kitchen. Obviously with the amount of power needed throughout the salon. i.e hairdryers and straighteners etc i am conscious that we dont over load any circuit and have it constantly tripping when she puts the tumble dryer on. I just wondered if it would be possible to run a short ring from the isolator that fed the 3 phase socket. to run 2 double sockets and a single fused spare for the water heater. I was just trying to avoid the need to run a new feed from the consumer unit/main board.
thanks for your help in advance folks. Dom

Hi folks,
I am a general handyman and currently doing some work for a hairdresser/beauty salon owner friend of mine. As these jobs tend to do as i am sure you guys will know. The jobs keep getting added too as i have gone along (surprise surprise). i recently fitted a kitchen into a room that had previously been used for a sunbed. at the time she was quite happy to just have have a cold feed water supply to the sink. However now i have done that she has asked it i could fit a over sink water heater. and a couple of sockets. However the only supply to the room is the 3 phase for the sunbed. which at the point of entry to the room has its own isolator. as i removed the large red socket from where i was fitting the kitchen. Obviously with the amount of power needed throughout the salon. i.e hairdryers and straighteners etc i am conscious that we dont over load any circuit and have it constantly tripping when she puts the tumble dryer on. I just wondered if it would be possible to run a short ring from the isolator that fed the 3 phase socket. to run 2 double sockets and a single fused spare for the water heater. I was just trying to avoid the need to run a new feed from the consumer unit/main board.
thanks for your help in advance folks. Dom

If you dont know the answer I would suggest you get an electrician to carry out the work,I have no objection to DIY electrics but competance is essential to carry out a safe install. No offence but these things are not always as simple as you might think.

You need to tell the owner of this place that the job is beyond your skill set mate and that they need a suitably qualified electrician.

This is not DIY as the op is intending to charge a customer to carry out electrical work. Thread closed.

Reply to can a single phase feed run 240v sockets in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net