Discuss Can I wire up a Honeywell AG6 Alarm bell box with only 4 cores? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mark Shields

Replaced panel and would now like to replace Bell box.

Using Existing wiring, it has two cores from bell box wire to an individual zone, so only 4 Spare cores available at bell box.

I cannot even find the possible 'zone/pir/panic button' to check the wiring at it.

Can anyone help me out....

Can I do away with a tamper rtn and link it in panel?

Many thanks.
Mark.

Hi Mark: Having anything else running with the sounder cable is really a no/no & the cable should be replaced but if that's all you've got:

G4 T to AG6 TR-. G4 A to AG6 V-. G4 D to AG6 V+. G4 B to AG6 S-.

Will give you a working box with tamper, if you want the strobe then drop the wire between T/TR- & instead wire between the - terminal on the g4 sounder block to ST- on the AG6.

Last edited by a moderator:
No probs buddy. Please let us know how it goes, may help others in the future.

Reply to Can I wire up a Honeywell AG6 Alarm bell box with only 4 cores? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock