Discuss Can someone explain this meter setup in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mark_edinburgh

Hi,

I moved into my flat today and discovered this meter setup , not had anything like this before,

In the flat there are 2 storage heaters and the rest are convectors, these are all wired into the bottom panel and work off the right hand meter along with the shower and the emmersion.

The left hand meter and top panel controls lights and sockets and cooker,

Am i right in thinking the right hand meter is the meter thats on the cheaper setting as it controls the heating side of things and that its wired into the radio teleswitch or are both meters controlled by the teleswitch

Any help would be welcomed

Can someone explain this meter setup {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
[/URL][/IMG]

Can someone explain this meter setup {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
[/URL][/IMG]

You've got economy 7. Very simple. At a time of your energy suppliers choosing (usually around 10-11pm) the time switch turns on the lower board which has all the storage heaters on it, then they turn it off again early morning.

You'll probably find that the lower board has been modified so that only the right hand side is off the e7.

Teleswitch only controls your off peak circuits, there should be a 25amp (immerser usually) and 80 amp switch (storage heaters) that will engage when the signal is picked up energising the off peak boards.

Thanks for the replies, It looks like the right hand side of the bottom board is controlled by the switch for the storage heaters and the left hand side is for direct heating and water heater , When the switch kicks in will the lower rate be on both meters or just the right hand one which the bottom runs off

Well british gas who are the electricity supplier finally called back this morning as when i called them last week they could not understand why i had 2 meters .

He gave me the rates of the electricity 2 different rates , 1 for each meter, the domestic meter is the dearer one the right hand meter is the cheaper one,

so everything that is on the right hand meter is constantly cheaper.

Also found out last night that only the one storage heater is on the teleswitch circuit so its pretty pointless

Its e7 but a werd set up normally its a dual meter 2 readings day and night rate, but they have used 2 seperate meters day meter night meter.

Reply to Can someone explain this meter setup in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock