Discuss Can you feed 2 radials from one fused spur in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dave

-
Reaction score
Before I start, I know this is not usual but I want to know if it's against regs.
I'm testing a conservatory ring, feed from a fused spur. There's a Live-Neutral IR fault between two of the three sockets.
The cable is embedded in the conservatory bare block wall.
If I just disconnect the faulty cable in the two sockets, it will remove the fault but leave me with 2 radials feed from the spur.
I'm looking through the O.S.G and 7671 but can't find anything saying don't do it.
As I said, I know it's not standard but does anyone know a reason why you can't?

Before I start, I know this is not usual but I want to know if it's against regs.
I'm testing a conservatory ring, feed from a fused spur. There's a Live-Neutral IR fault between two of the three sockets.
If I just disconnect the faulty cable in the two sockets, it will remove the fault but leave me with 2 radials feed from the spur.
I'm looking through the O.S.G and 7671 but can't find anything saying don't do it.
As I said, I know it's not standard but does anyone know a reason why you can't?
So have you got a RFC fed from a Spur? can't quite picture the way it's wired

I think you mean disconnect the faulty leg of the ring circuit and then use the non faulty legs as 2 radials , but then terminate the 2 supply legs of the ring circuit into a spur , is this correct....

I think you mean disconnect the faulty leg of the ring circuit and then use the non faulty legs as 2 radials , but then terminate the 2 supply legs of the ring circuit into a spur , is this correct....
He is saying It's fed from A FUSED SPUR

Appendix 15 per chance?

If it was a ring supplied from an FCU, then it needn't have even been a ring in the first place. As far as I know you can have two branches from an FCU, but I've never done it (nor would ever do so!).

If it was a ring supplied from an FCU, then it needn't have even been a ring in the first place. As far as I know you can have two branches from an FCU, but I've never done it (nor would ever do so!).
I'm confused.com Fused spur feeding RFC I'm going to a dark room for a bit .

...I'm testing a conservatory ring, feed from a fused spur....

If it's fused at 13A and run in 2.5mm², you can run it in any configuration you like. There's no chance of overloading the cable.

I'm guessing he's originally got a ring final circuit that's fed via a fused spur that's developed a fault along its length. If the faulty section of cable is removed/disconnected then he'll be left with what's effectively 2x radials that are fed from 1x fused spur.

I did an EICR on a house a couple of years back.... in the back garden was a shed..which was fed from a FCU in the house and the shed circuit was a lollipop.

In the front garden was a garage - which was fed from a FCU in the house and the garage circuit was a lollipop.

A bit unusual, but all disconnections times were OK. My comments on the EICR were long!

Hello all, thanks for the replies. Yes, it is a rfc feed from the spur. And yes, if I disconnect the faulty cable, I will be left with 2 radials, feed from the one spur.
I'm just trying to work out if this goes against regs.

I'm guessing he's originally got a ring final circuit that's fed via a fused spur that's developed a fault along its length. If the faulty section of cable is removed/disconnected then he'll be left with what's effectively 2x radials that are fed from 1x fused spur.
Hi Marco. Yes that's exactly the case. I'm trying to establish if this goes against regs

Hi RG, the two legs are already connected into the spur, as it was feeding the ring. But yes, if I disconnect the fault cable, I will be left with two radials

Reply to Can you feed 2 radials from one fused spur in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock