Discuss capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

nothing wrong with that chase. it's the wide-angle lens makes everything look pi$$ed. ask tony. he's a photography expert.

one of the reasons i use capping is it is possible to replace the cables after how many rewires have you done when you can pull the old wire out and replace them ,did one a few weeks ago guy had drilled through the cable and bodged the repair was able to pull out the damaged cables and replace them , you cant do that if they are plastered in , it was either chase the full wall out or a 3 inch round patch , when you look at costs , half hour to replace the cables completely down the wall or 2 hours to chase and patch redecorate

not always possible with capping if the wall is uneven. bound to be a tight bit or two. that's another + for tube.

As for the cost ! It adds pence to a run when using oval conduit .
If installed correctly , it is perfectly accessible when it comes to replacing , even pulling the odd extra cable down when needed .
It looks 100% more professional to the client than just clipping direct , no matter how neat your clipping is , and a damn site quicker .
The above does depend on if the chase has been cut with a decent wall chaser ( but then again if you have not got this or the extract gear to go with it , I pity any other trades working along side you on a rewire ! ) .
I know it is purely down to choice , but it is a no brainer as I see it .

We use sto25 , and all you do place it in the chase when you have fed the cables in ( straight and not twisted) tight up to one side , mark your fixing points normally between two or three for the length drill , plug and fix leaving the screw heads just above the conduit . You will find that it is quite easy and a perfectly sturdy fixing until the spreader comes along , and if the mortar is soft enough , you are able to fix straight in to it , as it is only going to be a temporary fixing for a few days until spread .

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=O...XY7Aa-zYG4Bw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=660

More tubing good points...
Let a 'Monkey' (for want of a better word!) fit all your tubing, plasterer makes good.
You come along later, pull cables in, test and finish off etc., knowing full well there's no damage whatsoever to your wiring.
And it improves the Maintainability of the install.

Capping is history, the future is Oval tube, and the future is (has been) here and now!

25mm oval tube is very slightly wider than the gap left from my wall chaser on full width. On longish horizontal runs I'd support it with some "band-it", but other than that, just push it in.

sounds good..reason I'm asking is my chasers rages are not quite wide enough for standard capping. Oval tube would work.
It depends on your chaser I have had to make shims up to go on some of our past models , but Hilti and at the other end of the price range sparky , machines seem to have the width .

Reply to capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net