Discuss capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That would only work (for first floor sockets) if the oval tube went behind the skirting and under the floor and was easy to get at. Would be difficult if there was a joist up against the wall. Its often easier to pull the cables in and then thread the tube over the cables.

That would only work (for first floor sockets) if the oval tube went behind the skirting and under the floor and was easy to get at. Would be difficult if there was a joist up against the wall. Its often easier to pull the cables in and then thread the tube over the cables.

Sorry , I did not explain it as well as I could've .
When I said " feed the cables in ( straight and not twisted ) " , this is what I meant .

below..

default.jpeg

That should be big enough ?
As and when we need to substantially widen the chase , we use a Hilti grinder with an extract head on it .

Was just guessing maybe bit narrower, won't take standard capping I know that. I was getting a load of slightly narrower capping for a while which was perfect but can't get no more. smallest stuff 16mm? no use.

- - - Updated - - -

That should be big enough ?
As and when we need to substantially widen the chase , we use a Hilti grinder with an extract head on it .

I put a post on about angle grinder extraction the other day...is hilti version good like ?

Was just guessing maybe bit narrower, won't take standard capping I know that. I was getting a load of slightly narrower capping for a while which was perfect but can't get no more. smallest stuff 16mm? no use.

- - - Updated - - -

As good as you would expect it to be , being Hilti !
Keep meaning to buy another grinder , as they sent two extract heads out with the grinder when we brought a hover and grinder combo kit .
Tried to give the spare head back , but the rep would have none of it !?

- - - Updated - - -

As good as you would expect it to be , being Hilti !
Keep meaning to buy another grinder , as they sent two extract heads out with the grinder when we brought a hover and grinder combo kit .
Tried to give the spare head back , but the rep would have none of it !?

Ive just ordered a new makita grinder but Im thinking I should get the hilti. Could you maybe point me in the direction of the extractor unit ? I see a few on the site but not sure which Id need ?

I have been on their site , but can not tell which one it is at the moment .
I know it is on one of their 5" grinders , but as I tend not to get on the tools nowadays , and especially not for chasseing work , I am not quite sure which one it is !?
I do know from when I was more hands on , it was the daddy ! Especially when it came to cutting a perfect box hole .
I am going down to work early this week so should be back on Wednesday night this week , I will have a look for it at the yard and if I remember when I get back home post the model number up for you .

I have been on their site , but can not tell which one it is at the moment .
I know it is on one of their 5" grinders , but as I tend not to get on the tools nowadays , and especially not for chasseing work , I am not quite sure which one it is !?
I do know from when I was more hands on , it was the daddy especially when it came to cutting a perfect box hole .
I am going down to work early this week so should be back on Wednesday night this week , I will have a look for it at the yard and if I remember when I get back home post the model number up for you .

Excellent thanks..more so the extractor I'm interested in mate...Ill just pick up their basic 5" grinder to accompany it.

I've got the metabo wall chaser and metabo asr2025 vacuum, you old literally eat your dinner next to it when chasing a wall.... Ideal for lived in rewires when the home owner is eating dinner.

Reply to capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net