Discuss Car for work in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Takeshi

Hi guys, I'm thinking to buy some car for work.Just drive me from A to B-for free :).
Maximum 600-900 pounds I can separate for it.Without Insurance taxes,road tax and MOT, they all be payed separately from the sum of the car.So what car would you recommendation to me.I'm japanese car fan and I will choose Corolla,Civic 5th or 6-th generation or Almera-petrol of course ONLY.But I find this site: Honest John, and as I read they says that the Focus Mk1 is most reliable than others in this class like :Mazda 323,Corolla,Golf4 (too expensive, and I hate it!) and Almera.I need this car to go to work with it and some shoping in my day off, nothing more.
I have take decision next couple of days so what you think about that?The question is what car will be most reliable with my limited budget?Thanks.
p.s. I hate small cars like Fiesta,Corsa, Polo etc.

£50.00 bent MOT

Attachments

• images[1].jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
stick with japanese, something like a nissan primera. get one cheap at car auction. i bought one for £100 and ran it for 6 months then sold it for £200.

stick with japanese, something like a nissan primera. get one cheap at car auction. i bought one for £100 and ran it for 6 months then sold it for £200.
That's best idea I ever hear, thank you very much.I try to find some car auction in I-net to orientate myself in prices.

Ford focus estate brought mine for £900 2 1/2 years ago 1999 92000 miles now on 115000 miles runs fine not had any probs with it (touching wood).

Not sure what i would advise you to buy, but i will advise you NOT TO BUY A S****Y RENAULT MEGANE, the MK2 is the biggest pile of wotsit to set out on the road, and the worst was the MK1. I speak from experience, crap french garbage at the best.

Not sure what i would advise you to buy, but i will advise you NOT TO BUY A S****Y RENAULT MEGANE, the MK2 is the biggest pile of wotsit to set out on the road, and the worst was the MK1. I speak from experience, crap french garbage at the best.

I had Renault megane mk1 worst car ever had got rid after month

1.8 petrol

The engine is not the problem, in fact the car is not the problem anymore, it has gone thank the ****. But which idiot invents a car with electric windows that can fault and open fully open all by themselves, and it takes 70 minutes to get it back up again. You have to unlock the car, disconnect the battery wait ten minutes, reconnect the battery, double lock the car, the window rises 2 inch, and do it all again 7 bloody times to get the window closed, and when it failed on the wife while she was at work it was absolutely p*****g down. Its french, its a 1.6, its s***, but now its someone else's problem, don't buy one, and don't accept one for free. spend the money you would have spent on repairs, on something reliable and better made like a TukTuk.

Thanks to all of you for advices guys.I wish to try don't hurt nobody but I hate french cars and Italian also.For me the most important thing is :Are the car reliable or not?Of course its depends of the previous owner and how he/she takes care for the car.I'm checking every month/year the TUV reports or web sites like Honest John.So in this case for this money I'm interested which car should be most reliable to carry me to work and shopping nothing more in the cheapest way (spend less money for parts - not include fuel and oil of course).
P.S. SirKit Breaker what means "on something reliable and better made like a TukTuk."-is that strange name of car or its joke.

I had Renault megane mk1 worst car ever had got rid after month

my lady has a renault megane scenic 2000 reg, had it from new. apart from brakes, tyres, 1 clutch, and the usual bits for mot, only actually broke down last week with fuel pump knackered. it does have 110k on the clock. perhaps she has been lucky.

On a seriuos note get yourself a Volvo estate , I had three when I first started out, totally reliable and utter workhorses, when I got shot of my last one it had 210,000 miles, same engine and gearbox, apart from the odd service just pads, disc's and tyres ,but I did change the oil and filter on a regular basis and I used to tow a master craft every weekend

Reply to Car for work in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock