Discuss Carrying out work with NO Part P in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi all,

Could someone list what work i'm able to carry out without my Part P, thanks!
(i've tried google but nothing! haha)
WTF Part P is a stuffin building regulation. Jeez what is our trade coming too?? The part P qualification, is something the scams have come up with to make money for them and the numerous training facilities they are allied to, imo.

As @Pete999 has pointed out, Part P is part of the building regulations. It applies to all works in a dwelling (and also some settings which share a supply meter with a dwelling) regardless of whether it is notifiable or not.

The exams are merely a mechanism by which one can demonstrate your competence in terms of your ability to understand and comply with the requirements laid out in Part P.

Providing you are competent enough to comply with the requirements of Part P you can do what ever you want as long as you comply with the notification requirements.

Reply to Carrying out work with NO Part P in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All, I did a 4 year apprenticeship, finishing in 1994 with C&G 236 parts 1 &2 with AM2. I worked for a few companies and then went in to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am going to fully rewire my house. What do I HAVE to do once I’ve rewired it? I am an approved spark, but do not have part P. Do I need...
Replies
Views
Hi All DALI lighting system distributes circuit via LCM's, for electrical test, do you stop at the LCM or light point. how do you carry out...
Replies
Views
I got my hands on an old floor standing fan and started looking to rewire it. I found this part, I think it's a resistor, but was hoping someone...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock