Discuss CCTV cameras in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

maplins do a good kit. it's dvr, 4 cameras, plug and play. not sure if the 4 way PSU is included or £20 extra.

Check out wirelsss IP cameras. Fleabay from £35 each and have remote pan/tilt with 2 way audio and remote switching they have auto IR too. I use 2 to monitor my mum's house.

Depends on how much you want to spend kits are normaly pants a good dvr are A data realy good and trouble free easy to use but cost about £600 an samsung high res dome camaras £70 a camera av been instaling cctv in glasgow for about 6 years an av had only a few call backs an its been power supplays also with the dvr if you want motion detection u can set it up so bushes an trees dont set it off

second the maplins kit, its a decent price and theres usually a branch in most towns so its easy to get spares etc if needed

all this really depends on what your customer is willing to spend/ where they plan on putting the camea (there is no point buying 3-6mm lens, when what they want it for is to be able to view to the end of their long garden). At tradexguru, we sell a range of cameras for domestic and professional use. If you are in or around Manchester, you can pop in to see the different camera. Or just le me know and I will make you a kit, so your not driving from place to place buying bits and jobs for the job. Thanks

whatever you decide to get, forget Wireless IMO, total pants and complete Cr*p, a waste of money, I have a full system in my home with colour cameras and a 3 month hard drive recorder, all installed for under a grand, you can access it via your Iphone and Ipad from an app, worth doing the job right IMO, forget the wireless rubbish.

whatever you decide to get, forget Wireless IMO, total pants and complete Cr*p, a waste of money, I have a full system in my home with colour cameras and a 3 month hard drive recorder, all installed for under a grand, you can access it via your Iphone and Ipad from an app, worth doing the job right IMO, forget the wireless rubbish.
How many cameras are you using?

I have 4 and they are vandle proof colour cameras, all wired with cat 5 cabling to the hard drive and also have wiring to monitors in the house, the wiring was quite awkward actually as my house is completely decorated and 3 floors high, however myself and 3 other guys managed to do the whole job in 9 hours on one day, I am chuffed to bits with it, I go onto my lappy and can rewind to anytime I want and the clarity is amazing, previous to this I had a wireless system and it was terrible, I couldn't use it and got done twice in 12 months, hence the new system and my opposition to wireless.

i have MG-X765RE 1/3'' Sony 637/672AK CCD + Sony Enhanced Effio-E 4127 DSP 960H 650 TVL 12IR Cold Light 75-80m 6-60 mm Varifocal OSD
don't know anything more than that.

I have 4 and they are vandle proof colour cameras, all wired with cat 5 cabling to the hard drive and also have wiring to monitors in the house, the wiring was quite awkward actually as my house is completely decorated and 3 floors high, however myself and 3 other guys managed to do the whole job in 9 hours on one day, I am chuffed to bits with it, I go onto my lappy and can rewind to anytime I want and the clarity is amazing, previous to this I had a wireless system and it was terrible, I couldn't use it and got done twice in 12 months, hence the new system and my opposition to wireless.

What IP cameras are you using?

I'm looking to buy a few and I am looking at either Axis or Lilin.

Outdoor fixed IP cameras - full range from Panasonic, Sony, Axis and more.

I bought a load of gear from system q for missus' mums house, its good but the picture is a little fuzzy and you can't really see detail, she's happy with it but i'm not as i was expecting more. System q say its not the cameras its because the information is compressed by the dvr so loses quality, i don't know if all dvr's are like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get that gear from Mike?

Reply to CCTV cameras in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock