Discuss CCTV/Intruder alarms. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all.
Considering going into CCTV/Intruder alarms. (All looks good on the CV). I've had experience installing both types in the past for friends/family etc. I can't find any C&G quallies relating to it. Are there any industry standard quallies i need to be able to advertise as an installer? Particularly if it should be a remote monitored system. Any pointers will be gratefully received. Thanks very much.

regards.
steve.

There is no real qualifications for intruder/fire/cctv etc only approvals and standards.
standard for intruder alarms is BS EN 50131, which your installs must meet to gain NSI NACOSS approval.
To obtain NSI status, you need to ensure your installation and security systems meets approval grades.

plenty of info on line concerning grading of systems etc. Look at systems which meet these grades, such as Texecom, Honeywell Galaxy, Menvier etc. Imo the lowest grade for any installation would be grade 2 with minimum of A class digicom, this would suit most homeowners budgets. Any industrial installation, grade 3 and B class dualcom would be requested by insurance company.

Reply to CCTV/Intruder alarms. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Home Security: Using Floodlights, CCTV, and Door Entry Systems In an era where technology is advancing rapidly, home security has...
Replies
Views
Hello all.. I have been considering CCTV for a while. We have had a few break ins recently, so it's time to actually do it! I'd like to try and...
Replies
Views
Good evening all Im after a system that has CCTV, Intruder alarm and door entry video system all in one, I want it to be app based Any products...
Replies
Views
Having a bit of a mare at the moment with a small 2 story HMO (6 single rooms with shared kitchen) which was fitted relatively recently (2016 or...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this one is for the cctv gurus Installing a cctv system with 14 HiKVision is cameras. 13 of which are via wireless bridges as it is a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock