Discuss CEF Family business in turmoil!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if you heard but the founder and owner of CEF recently passed away but left a family rift in his wake (no pun intended). He passed the family business CEF to one of his sons even though he had promised to split things up between his other 2 children, from what i gather it has caused family feud and his other sons who manage and run doncaster cables have pulled out of CEF with there cable firm and now are setting up there own electrical wholesalers... this and they are poaching CEF management and staff too. It is believed they are so doing to put pressure on the son who inherited CEF in order to force him to sell back what could be a failing business soon and once they have it they will re-establish the CEF business as we all know it.

So if you see a few new wholesales and management and staff changes you know why. What does it mean to you and me; I doubt much will change from our perpective in the near future but further down the line it could go good or bad for your local branch.

Sort a heard the same, although I was told the inheritance went to the daughter and her son, with the two sons being stiffed out of the will. They are now starting up YESS? First branch to open in Autumn? Hopefully they wont be as expensive as CEF particularly if there is to be family rivalry between them all?

Ive already seen management changes at the local level but to be honest it will be a few yrs yet before we know which way things are turning but personally wont lose sleep over it.

Never used CEF anyway. Crap materials at excruciatingly high prices.

Also, I've never understood how you can price for a job when you don't know what your materials costs are?

Know your wholesalers background... they import schneider gear but buy abroad through a sister company over there, they can beat and undercut most wholesalers on Merlin, Square D, Telemecanique and Modicon... knowing your wholesalers background can save you a mint if you play your cards right, but negative response is Tamlite crap etc ...its all about knowing the strong points and weaknesses of a company.

Reply to CEF Family business in turmoil!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock