Discuss Ceiling fan and light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys just a quick one
As summer is approaching I see a lot of people wanting to change their current lounge/bedroom lights for fans with a light, other then finding a suitable fixing is this a straight forward job? I've not done one before but wiring diagrams I've found online are all completely different, is it similar to wiring a modern light fitting?
Thanks for the info guys

Not difficult just connect to existing lighting connections and they either operate with pull cords or remote control.

basically just wire as a light. the fan switching and connections should be in the fitting itself. make sure the earthing is sound.you won't want to be hit on the hed with an unearthed fan blade. think of Marie Antoinette.

As summer is approaching I see a lot of people wanting to change their current lounge/bedroom lights for fans with a light,

My own experience

As time passes I see a lot of people wanting to change their current lounge/bedroom Helicopter monstrocities for proper fittings

When I was in Florida during hurricane Frances and we weren't allowed out of the room for the day (although I did) we played "throw the boiled sweet into the high speed ceiling fan" - kept us going for hours, those boiled sweets came out like high velocity bullets! Otherwise I think they are naff!

Many can be wired direct to the lighting circuit and have pull cords and/or remote controls - I insist on have an isolation switch too.

Reply to Ceiling fan and light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
I bought a ceiling fan with LED lights. After some time the led lights started flashing when I put them on. Now it does not even jump up anymore...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking for some advice for adding a time delay on my parent's shower room fan. My parents had a section of their garage converted into a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently have two switches in my bathroom. One controls the lights above the sink and the other controls a light above the toilet and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock