Discuss Ceiling rose wires and flush light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Any connections you make need to be enclosed either in the fitting or a junction box
You could adapt (new hole or make existing bigger)the fitting to allow entry of the cables, make them off in the housing of the fitting,or you do like suggested and fit a junction box then make the connections in there, with perhaps a 3 core flex out to the existing entry hole of the fitting and into the connectors

These manufacturers make these fittings with scant or no regard for how cables are meant to be terminated.
There are millions of loose connectors hanging around in ceilings all over the land because of this scandal
Don't just shove open connectors into your ceiling
That's why in later years doing new house wiring we used to feed the switch.

Ta for all replies to date – specific question; I know that I can use 2-pole Wagos to make the Earth, live switch and neutral connections. Can I use a single 3-pole wago to "close out" the 3 red loop wires? Or should they be isolated separately?

I suspect there are three earths within the green sleeve plus the earth for your fitting so that actually makes four. You also need allow at the other Wagos the live and neutral for your new fitting, so neutral needs three, live needs two, loop in still needs three and earths four.

Right – bear with me :-D

1) Separate the 3 earths, get a 4-way Wago and connect them and the earth from the light fitting
2) Separate the two neutral cables, get a 3-way Wago and link to neutral from light fitting
3) Live from switch just needs a 2-way Wago, connecting with live from light fitting
4) 3 loop cables just need a 2-way Wago

Correct?

Reply to Ceiling rose wires and flush light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock