Discuss Ceiling spotlights not working in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JR15

I was wondering if anybody could help. I have been to a client to replace some 50W LV spotlight bulbs on a row of 4. Replaced the bulbs but still not working even though there is a current to the connection were the spots go into. My next point of attack is going to be the transformers as she said they were all working but one went and they all stopped. Cheers John

check the lamp connectors . very common for them to burn on elv spots. remember your current at 12volts is near to 5A per spot.

You have answered your own question, from what you have said i can only presume they are wired into one transformer, thats gone pop taking all 3 lights with it

Get them all on seperate transformers to avoid this trouble again, the probability of all 3 transformers dieing together is unlikely, thus leaving them with at least some sort of light

Reply to Ceiling spotlights not working in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My kitchen has track lighting. It consists of three halogen light bulbs. I've had the fixture for more than 25 years with no issues. Last night...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've installed a Monsoon Extractor Fan kit today, all is up and running and everything is working with the exception of the LED. When I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm replacing a 3-bulb spotlight with a standard BG ceiling rose but upon connecting, the light won't turn on; the problem is, I can't...
Replies
Views
I have halogen lights in my kitchen under the wall units, there are ten lights altogether bulbs are either 10 watt or 20 watt G4 bulbs ( not sure...
Replies
Views
Just had a simple kitchen light not working job, one of the fittings with the 4 spotlights on it. Took the fitting down to check if there was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock