Discuss cert software in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
i have a tester that stores results and the certification software to go with it. i haven't taken my time to figure it out yet,
i just wanted to know if anyone else uses it and if they think it is worthwhile figuring it out

Its worth it IMO after you have mastered it no more writing and every certificate is typed out for you so looks a lot better when you hand it over.

chris

cant help you with that one my software is powersuite with a megger. Why not try it out on your own installation and produce certs before using it for a customer.

Chris

i would definately recomment the tester,very user friendly,
but if you want to print your certs you have to pay extra for the pro plus model, i only got the pro so i have the soft ware but cant print certs cos i need a pro plus pass word which costs about £150 + vat . so it seems a bit pointless having it but i think i will buy it when i have the money to burn

on subject of software!!!

dont buy certificates from Flea BAY

they are rubbish and look crap..! i bought some and now just won my dispute with him via paypal for a refund!! stay clear!!! the seller called NATIONAL CERTS

steve

Have u guys tried the new NIC software, you dont need to purchase the certs u just order numbers, and they print , certificates onto blank paper,, SAVING LOADS OF CASH,,

Durham ranger i take it your not NIC approved with that sort of reaction, the problem with your free down load advice is that major companies want NIC serial numers, the free certs you print give off an image

No im am not NIC approved company, Im an Elecsa Approved company, and my serial numbers are generated from the job i do. i.e if its my 4th Install its gets coded DUR-EIC-0004 and similar for PIR .... DUR-PIR-0003 etc etc..

plus i use the ones in the elecsa secure area with the scheme logos attached to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Amtecth Fast Test software and in its latest incarnation it isn't too bad. I am however going to ditch it due to cost and poor customer service.
The programme itself is over and above in terms of cost what rivals are charging and the price for customer support can be as much as £700 a year if you have the full power suite!!!!!

Im going over to the NIC software. On trial it seems to work well and the saving on certs is a bonus, plus support & updates are only £50 a year!

PS certs arnt free with the NIC software, you just get them discounted because your buying certificate numbers not full sheets.

MY 2 Pence

Hi OPM I have the same tester I have had it for about 3 months and I have had a hell of a time tring to navigate the software, it refused point blank to print the cert and I had to get the tech guy at Metrel to sort it out some how there was hidden circuits entered and because I had not ticked the polarity box on this circuit even though there was no details in any other box on that line it refused to print however I am getting the hang of it now but I am still wary of doing one house after another as I still have not figured out how to make the machine discriminate between two seperate properties
Mac

i have been using the fluke1653 MFT for a while now, after spending a lot of time learning the meter, and how to link to the software....etc it works perfectly now and is saving me loads of time, i also never enjoyed trying to write in the small boxes given on certificates!

EDIS Local provides free electrical testing and certification software; it works like a charm and will help you manage all your certs. You can download it and easily install it- search for it using google and the key words EDIS Local

Well I assume you're a paid advertiser because I've reported 3 or 4 of your posts today and they've not been deleted!!

Last edited:

Reply to cert software in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock