Discuss Certifying existing works in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would conduct the EICR.
Make good any defects (if necessary) as agreed with the client, to produce a 'Satisfactory' report.
Then let the client deal with Building Control with regards to notification/regularisation.

Most building control would say "That's perfectly acceptable, if you can forward us the EIC and the cheque for £240+VAT for regularisation we will then issue the necessary paperwork.

In my experience the buyers solicitors are content once they receive an Eicr
Building control in Wales usually couldn't care less( or often even be aware about notification requirements) as long as there is paperwork for the job they tend to wash their hands of involvement

If a regularisation certificate is going to cost hundreds and possible time wasted issues,it may just as well be both economical and quicker to fit a amd 3 cons unit and notify the job the usual way

The local building control will probably have zero experience themselves of the regularisation procedure so lots of time wasting could be avoided

Top idea, 2 birds one stone etc :)
That's what I would advise, then maybe the client won't cheapskate next time...Assuming that's what they did.

Have come across tons of work completed by builders and not signed off...Kitchens mostly. 9/10 you open up one socket find that there's no grommets or sleeving on the CPC and straight away know the installation been completed like ----. Shame there isn't more of a legal aspect stopping people who should do the work.

An interesting point,at the beginning of this,was the Gas Safe registration advice. Many times during these discussions,sparks hold up the Gas Scheme rules,as a better,more rigorously applied set of principles.
Their advice on the boiler fitment side,was "commission and register it as your own".
Now,this is always railed against as a hypothetical option,when muted as a way round certifying any electrical work.

If this option existed,i suppose it would just give 3 more scenarios,to the many we have already.

This either means fully checked and signed off,fully checked and brought to standard-then signed off,or not fully checked,and signed off anyway.

I have an idea which would be the more common occurrence...

I was in toolstation today, (only because my lad likes their hot chocolate!:) and I thought why don't they make it a rule that to buy a consumer unit you need to be in a registered part P scheme, would sort a lot of these problems out.

Reply to Certifying existing works in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net