Discuss Certifying mobile container install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ross1

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've completed a new install on a container That's to be sent off to unknown site? 63A commando skt (single phase).

I am to fill in an electrical installation certificate (which I am only able to input dead testing results). Is this correct

if I was to EICR a container the same would apply on that certificate.

many thanks

All you can do is the relevant dead test, its upto others on site to carry out the relevant live tests. Would be worth noting this on the EIC that you issue for it so your backside is covered.

Add an attachment to the EIC stating the onus of responsibility is on the customer for the on site testing of the relevant listed live electrical tests. You could also note of the need that the same tests are to be carried out at each and every location the mobile container is positioned and connected to an electrical supply in the future.

Probably won't take a blind bit of notice, but your arse is covered from here to doomsday!! lol!!

And on the retest date, simply put 'upon energising'. All liability will then be on the customer for the suitability of the supply. Although I would attach a sheet with the cert to recommend what supplies are suitable and ze reading etc

And on the retest date, simply put 'upon energising'. All liability will then be on the customer for the suitability of the supply. Although I would attach a sheet with the cert to recommend what supplies are suitable and ze reading etc

Post no 7.

If you suggest external Z readings you are getting involved in the entire install when the remit was for internal work only.

Any installer worth their salt can do ZS tests to see if the breakers comply with max ZS recommendations. Or, from the individual r1+r2 readings can work out the ZE (ZBD) required to comply

Nic do transportable building certificates, filled in millions of them when doing grp kiosks/buildings and steel containers. This is exactly what you need.

What do NICEIC have to do with it? Electrical installations have to comply with the relevant BS number not them bunch if eeejits.

Nic cert, simply r1+r2, IR, dead tests, max demand, bs numbers, etc . No ze and zs is available as the building is sent off to the customer. (Probably the other side of the country). Retest is upon energising. This is my bread and butter, company I HAVE worked for is the leader in the market for transportable buildings..... Take it easy lads. Home | Morgan Marine

Reply to Certifying mobile container install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net