Discuss Challenge of the day - in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I have alot of fun trying to convince the flat earther theorists on YouTube that the world is a sphere, given everything we know as an educated bunch I assume you all are it has so much evidence from many different aspects of science to clarify this BUT... this is apperantly all a scam and we are brainwashed to these views..

So my challenge is, how can you prove without any real cost that the earth is a globe and not flat.

PS if you think it's easy then try it on you-tube and post your reactions.

I apparently work for NASA or the USA government as a spy to infultrate their posts and try to debunk the 'truth' :O

whaddya mean it's a shere.? everybodyknows that the earth is square. it even says somewhere in the bible about the 4 corners of the earth. how can a sphere have corners? except perhaps the M60?

My arguement would be to ask the Flat Earth people to prove it is flat, triangular or any other shape.
It's not possible, even to prove it's round to those who have no faith in Science Fact.

However if it was Flat you'd be able to see to the ends of the Earth.
I'm not aware anyone has made that claim yet or gained evidence.

if the earth was a sphere, a horizontal line would be a curve. yet we know it's straight. therefore the earth is flat. QED.

There is an old saying appropriate here DW :

Never wrestle with a pig.
You get covered in s**t and the pig enjoys it.

Have they not heard of the the Routan Voyager? It took off, flew west and landed on the same runway 9 days later, the first aircraft to fly around the world nonstop without refuelling. Neat eh?

The Rutan Model 76 Voyager was the first aircraft to fly around the world without stopping or refueling. It was piloted by Dick Rutan and Jeana Yeager. The flight took off from Edwards Air Force Base's 15,000 foot (4,600 m) long runway in the Mojave Desert on December 14, 1986, and ended 9 days, 3 minutes and 44 seconds later on December 23, setting a flight endurance record. The aircraft flew westerly 26,366 statute miles (42,432 km; the FAIaccredited distance is 40,212 km)[1] at an average altitude of 11,000 feet (3,350 m).

IMG_0459.JPG

and in 1969 they landed men on the moon using a computer with a total memory ram of 16kb, when 1Tb computer can't get a mobile phone signal 5 miles. hmmm.

and in 1969 they landed men on the moon using a computer with a total memory ram of 16kb, when 1Tb computer can't get a mobile phone signal 5 miles. hmmm.

If your suggesting as i think you are that the moonlandings never happend i am a FIRM beliver in this! Biggest con ever.. weired how the russians gave it up due to it being impossible at the time and no1 has been in 50 years of time with FAR superior technology!!

a horizontal line would be a curve. yet we know it's straight.

You can't prove a Horizontal line is either straight or curved, without having the Earth as a reference and you can't prove that's either flat or curved without a straight line as a reference.

Chicken / Egg, Chicken / Egg. springs to mind.
And just to appease the Flat Earthers,
Egg / Chicken, Egg / Chicken.

WHy prove it? let the flat earth lot believe its flat and avoid the edges. If it suits them then fine.
We have some who believe in God and yet what proof do we have? Are they any less daft?

If your suggesting as i think you are that the moonlandings never happend i am a FIRM beliver in this! Biggest con ever.. weired how the russians gave it up due to it being impossible at the time and no1 has been in 50 years of time with FAR superior technology!!
the dead giveaway is that they claimed to have brought back moon rock. bloody obvious, rock is made in blackpool, not on the moon, and the moon is made of cheese anyway, so a definite con.

If the person awaiting the answer will not believe any science based information then it is not possible to prove the earth is an oblate spheroid.
The standard easy method of proving at least a curved surface on the earth is to project a straight line over a long distance and find it gets higher up as the end of the line is further away, if it goes far enough it is not possible to connect the two points without the surface of the earth intersecting the line. Usually best on a stretch of water so that local terrain cannot distort the result.

project a line far enough and you won't be able to see the end, so how can you connect it to anything>

Ill have a large measure of whatever Tell is drinking, love them comments.
i can't discount the fact that there has been successful space travel in the past. women's logic originated on mars, so someone must have brought it here.

Why have we still got a sea it should have run off the end of flat earth years ago.This would also cause our atmosphere to fall off too.
Why does it look round from space (no corners)
Why different time zones hy can we see further from hig up?

Please ignore the few above comments as this is more suitable. Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

"'A thousand years ago we thought the world was a bowl,' he said. 'Five hundred years ago we knew it was a globe. Today we know it is flat and round and carried through space on the back of a turtle.' He turned and gave the High Priest another smile. 'Don't you wonder what shape it will turn out to be tomorrow?'"

I just logged back in ... never expected the response lol ... but there is a simple observation that shows the the world is round and no-one has hit on it yet :rolleyes:

Reply to Challenge of the day - in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock