Discuss Changing consumer unit in flat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am thinking the installation was a TNS conversion to TNCS, and the 6mm was fine for the original design. DNO updates to PME and now it's not in accord with BYB.

On the bonding, I think electrical installation starts where the cutout / meter is and the bonding should be where the pipe enters the the location served by that installation, rather than at some other location on the property. But I'm very happy to learn if it's other :)

It wouldn't be impossible the services are not bonded at source, I have seen it where they are and where they are not. The services could only serve the dwellings and be totally isolated from any possible common area circuits.

Clearly not a unique situation. As regards the bonding of services, surely this is done at the intake position for all the flats, as this where the service pipe enterers the property (as a whole) and that is where the bond should be, not in each individual flat?

As the service enters each flat, it may then become an extraneous conductive part and may require bonding or reg 528.3.4 might also apply?
QUOTE]

Scrub that, just read GN8 5.7, (and figure 5.16). I'm also reading in that sizing of bonding conductor (PME supply) is related to the electricity distributor's supply neutral conductor (not the neutral conductor downstream of the cut out on the consumers side, which may have a different csa)

Don't understand why my post forms part of the quote, can't edit either?

Here's what I said anyway, referring to #40

Scrub that, just read GN8 5.7, (and figure 5.16). I'm also reading in that sizing of bonding conductor (PME supply) is related to the electricity distributor's supply neutral conductor (not the neutral conductor downstream of the cut out on the consumers side, which may have a different csa).

I assume you are in a scheme it may be an idea to consult them, explain the situation and get their opinions.

I called my scheme today.

They pretty much said most points covered here.

They said I'm to contact DNO, inform them of my situation and confirm with them the bonding to utilities. Note who I speak too on a letter and attach this to my EIC and make a note in departures of bs7671.

I called my scheme today.

They pretty much said most points covered here.

They said I'm to contact DNO, inform them of my situation and confirm with them the bonding to utilities. Note who I speak too on a letter and attach this to my EIC and make a note in departures of bs7671.
Thanks for the feedback seems like good advice from them.

Reply to Changing consumer unit in flat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net