Discuss changing danfoss 103 timeswitch to drayton lp722 programmer in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
currently attempting to change over the old danfoss to the programmer I,m having great difficulty finding a wiring diagram to do this.After trawling the net I came across a site which said that combi boilers do not need a 2 channel programmer as the hot water is on demand when a tap is opened.
2 questions, firstly is the above correct in relation to the 2 channel programmer and secondly can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring schematic to change it over
the boiler is a potterton promax HE plus and the potterton site says the boiler is supplied with a 3 core flex upon installation problem is this boiler has a 4 core flex in it.

FYI central heating controls are not my forte ...the last heating control I used was a sangamo..

4 core will be LNE and call for heat
just managed to get back to this
the flex from the boiler is 5 core LNE and a black and a grey I've traced the wires and..
the black is a switched live which is connected to term 3 of a danfoss thermostat
the grey says 230v live out and is connected to term 1 of the drayton one channel timer this in turn is linked to the live of the clock.
the boiler is not switching off when the clock is set to off everything is being contolled by the thermostat.
the stat has L N AND CABLE CONNECTED TO TERM 3 THE LIVE IS LINKED TO TERM 1
any ideas I'm stuck now although a plus point was when tracing the cables out I found that the supply for the boiler installation had been spurred from a light circuit...

Does your stat cable go to the clock directly? If it is basically you feed the stat from the heating on terminal then the return from the stat you connect to the switch live back to the boiler. In the clock itself you either link over the live to the heating common or if you boiler has a 230v output for extremal controls you use that. As I write this I realise I could never be a teacher as my explanation skills are s**t. Sorry

actually I think I follow you ,there is a junction box involved as well
there is a link in the clock from the live to the common and there is also a 230v o/p from the boiler do you need both ?

The fused spur should feed LNE to programmer and boiler.Live out on boiler connects to terminal 1 on programmer, terminal 3 on programmer connects to live of the thermostat, neutral on the thermostat connects to neutral on programmer, switch live from thermostat connects to switch live in boiler...wiring it this way means there should be no link between live and terminal 1 in programmer.

Reply to changing danfoss 103 timeswitch to drayton lp722 programmer in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net