Discuss Charity work, please read whole post! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello all, please read this, it will take you 2 mins but it's really important to me. There's a great community of helpful people here, and I'm asking for a different type of help.

I'm doing a trek across Costa Rica for Marie Curie Hospice in November. It's a 8 day trek over 6 volcanoes through jungles to raise money and awareness.

My dad died of prostate cancer nearly a year ago, before he died he spent a few weeks in the hospice spending his last few days with family. Before this he was in a hospital where to get to see him I had to sneak past nurse ratchet (I'm not bashing the NHS, they do a great job, but I needed to see him and I'd missed visiting hours!) and no kids allowed. Marie Curie is different, we even sat in their gardens and had a beer together while his grandkids ran around bringing him so much joy.

They're completely charity funded, no grants or taxpayers money pays for this, and without it I feel he would have died much sooner, alone and very unhappy in a hospital ward.

It's a terrible thing to happen to a family, and I wish it on no one, but they need funding.

My proposal:

If you have any electrical work in the Yorkshire area, any job, or labouring, subcontract work etc I will do it and donate my entire fee to the charity, I'd only ask for the cost price of the materials, and a brew!

Alternative:

Here is the link to my just giving page. If you have a few pounds spare please consider donating it, it will make a difference!

Read A's story - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/A-Brock2

Thanks for getting this far, if you have time read the just giving page, it's really important to me, and it may be to you and yours one day, who knows when it may be important to you too.

Alex

That's a grand idea @stummish, they are very steep those volcanoes in Costa Rica.
I intended to walk up to the top of one but it went on for ever and I had to get the last bus back to my digs, I kept on saying 'next corner' but it went on forever. True story, lame but true. Beautiful country, smelly towns - id like to go back one day.
All the best with all that you intend to do. Marie Curie does some fantastic work and deserve all the backing that they get.

Not lame at all, I've heard they are not a walk in the park! The smell will be... interesting! I'll grin and bare it. My dad suffered a lot worse for King, Queen and country during his service, so I'll be trying to use a bit of his grit to get through it!

Thanks for the post @Rpa07 if you have time look at the justgiving page, anything you or anyone can do will be appreciated!

Reply to Charity work, please read whole post! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock