Discuss check a trade is it worth it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tonto33

check a trade is it worth it? is it waste of 500 quid, do u have to bid on jobs or as you listed you get them, asgot person coming round next thursday to pressure sale to get us to join

To get listed you need 2 positive recommendations and then pay about £50.00 per month.

I would do a search on your local area and see what your competition are doing.

For me committing £600 per year on 1 "advert" simply isn't worth it as it would account for about 80% of my marketing budget!

Agree with Tel, parasites that I wouldn't want visiting, though there have been people on here who say it has worked for them.

got emailed this to have ready for them..

• Current Public Liability Insurance Schedule - this should detail your name or company name, policy number, expiry date and the name of the company insuring plus the amount you are covered for. Please note this is separate to your Employers Liability Certificate.
  • 1 Utility bill or Bank/Credit Card statement dated within the last 3 months (not required for limited companies)
  • Photo ID (Driving Licence or Passport)
  • If applicable −
    Copies of any relevant qualifications for your trade eg: Gas Safe
    Copies of qualification certificates eg: City & Guilds
    Confirmation of Membership for schemes such as Buy With Confidence
  • References - Contact information for at least 6 (ideally 10) of your customers from the past 12 months. We will need their names, telephone numbers, addresses and the dates and type of work you did for them. We will contact them directly which will allow us to confirm and then demonstrate your existing reputation to new customers.

bullsh*t. all they want is your ££££££££££££££££££££s.

All there outfits are sold to you as if they're a must have asset that acts as some sort of guarantee to prospective customers that you will do a good job.
Tell me, how did business cope before the advent of the internet? Simple answer is word of mouth and that still counts.
How much work do you think they have to do to earn their fee? Not a great deal.
You don't need middle men who do nothing for you.

How can anyone slate checkatrade if they haven't even tried it? Ridiculous
We have it, is it worth it- yes got money back in it in first two jobs, still regular calls from it 2 yrs on. One thing- obviously you need to do a good job to get good feedback or don't bother joining

Reply to check a trade is it worth it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net