Discuss Check my wiring diagram in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thank you, I used microsoft paint. Took ages, are there any better programs to use for wiring diagrams
Wow, didn't know microsoft paint was still around. Paint.net would be an upgrade and it's free. Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing - https://www.getpaint.net/

You'll also need to install dotnet framework if you don't already have it. Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer) for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 from Official Microsoft Download Center - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344 (redistributable offline installer)

Thank you very much :)

Paint got an upgrade in Windows 10, still slow and annoing to use tho!

You can also look at microsoft Visio, I use it quite a lot it's very handy and because it's shapes based it's quick to use and quick to learn but it's not free unfortunately.

Grey & orange are the enable pair,,bit puzzled by the ufh switch wire,maybe controlled by an On for ufh.
Great drawing,must have ago myself,off to work now,will check over again later.

Last edited:
Looks smart that well done, im with Lee on feeding the Ls part. Why don't we set you a challenge and broaden your skill set?

System Boiler-
Unvented Cylinder
1x 2port for hot water
1x 2port for Rad 1
1x 2port for Rad 2
1x 2port for Underfloor Heating
1x tank stat (hot water)
1x circ pump

Programmer
3x roomstats(rad1, rad2, underfloor)

This is an S Plan Plus system so should be a bit more challenging for you.

Shouldn't brown of the ufh go to sl,Pump to live,Lr & Ls connect to grey & orange respectively
The boiler enable connections in the wiring centre will be volt free. In the diagram gigsy has fed one side of the relay so when it closes when calling for heat it will feed the brown of the UFH 2 port valve which will then motor the valve round closing the micro switch between grey and orange and fire the boiler.

Yea & can see that,
Looking at the control box,Lr & Ls should be grey,orange,Pump to live,valve to switch live,which is controlled by ufh stat.

Shouldn't brown of the ufh go to sl,Pump to live,Lr & Ls connect to grey & orange respectively

No, the boiler connections labelled Ls and Lr in the ufh controls are just a pair of volt free connections.
I think you're getting confused by the fact they have been labelled the same as the permanent live out (Ls) and switched live (Lr) of the boiler.

Ok,it does say boiler on the terminals,I can see the actuator is controlled by the stat,the valve terminals just not hitting the spot for me,still a very good drawing,though.

At the ufh box,you already have a L N supply,no need to add another,still think Ls Lr,orange/grey,Pump to L, valve to Sl,bit confusing why you would have it marked Pump only.

Reply to Check my wiring diagram in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net