Discuss Checking a borrowed neutral in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Closed for now, we'll deal with it later.

Back open again after a cleanup, please let's keep it on track from now on or it will be closed for good.

Sorry Westy, try now

@westward10 can you reply now mate.

@hightower, your comments were removed because the latter part of the post was reported for the swearing and that it was seen as argumentative, so it was removed as part of the cleanup mate, also Sparks is now banned for a week for his comments so let's move on and and get the thread back to where it started.
Cheers.

@hightower, your comments were removed because the latter part of the post was reported for the swearing and that it was seen as argumentative, so it was removed as part of the cleanup mate, also Sparks is now banned for a week for his comments so let's move on and and get the thread back to where it started.
Cheers.
I appreciate that but I first made comment in regards to the original question - thought it could have just been edited to take the 'not so good stuff' out. Oh well.

Hi @loz - sorry to see this has gone off-topic so quickly, but I'm siding with @westward10 on this, your drawing seems to be correct. Lamps in and switches on, you'd get some sort of short neutral to neutral on a borrowed neutral. Flick the switch off and retest and it'll come up clear.

Is that ok ya Drama queen :D:D

So Loz is the problem clear to you now. This situation often occurs with the landing light and often that part of the circuit is wired using pvc/ pvc singles.

So Loz is the problem clear to you now. This situation often occurs with the landing light and often that part of the circuit is wired using pvc/ pvc singles.
fortunately, there's not so many singles seen these days. i put that down to the likes of eHarmony, match, elite, and all the other internet dating sites. gives credence to the saying " a dog is not just for christmas". :mad:

Yeah crystal clear, I had it in my head, just needed a bit of confirmation on proving the fault, before powering the board up, which I had done but wasn't confident in myself. One thing I have learned is that things are so much clearer once it's drawn down on paper.
Both lights have been put on one mob for the weekend and I'm booked in on Monday to put a permenant live into the landing rose as well as a new switch drop and a 3 core downstairs to reinstate the 2 way switching correctly and enable me to split the circuits onto separate rcds. Shame it will be trunking drops but hey ho, can't win them all.
Thank you for your help

...and to lighten things further,it is a little known fact,that most hallways and landings,have multiple singles in them...just usually during a party :confused:

I'd love a house full of singles but we live in a modern world and I think I'd prefer twins ;)

Reply to Checking a borrowed neutral in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock