Discuss Childrens booster seats and the law in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Barry White

They intended to restrict booster seats from december this year.Approval is expected to be granted in June.
Under the new rules, backless booster seats will only be approved for use for children taller than 125cm (4 foot 1 1/4 inches in old money)and weighing more than 22kg. (just under 4 stone in old money) The proposal is currently under final stages of approval by the body which regulates child car seats in Europe.
I realise its to make children safer in an accident but thr seat type units are very hard to store in the boot as they are huge.
I feel its going too far whats your thoughts?

see
New booster seats ban - April - 2016 - Which? News - http://www.which.co.uk/news/2016/04/new-booster-seats-ban-439787/ for more details

So are we considering that a few more children could die or be injured to accommodate storage of the seat in the boot?
It comes down to the same old question about what price safety?
We wouldn't be wearing seat belts today if they hadn't made it the law.

I think that if you are ever unfortunate enough to have an accident with your kid in the car you will be thankful that you have them in a proper seat which affords them maximum protection. It is a pain in the neck sometimes and we hope that we will never have an collision but when you do it can happen in a split second and can be life shattering. Most of the booster style seats are a waste of time in an accident, hence why they are being banned. Personally I have always had high backed seats for mine and have two sets, one in both cars. Just wouldn't take the risk.

Thanks for your views Pat H but------
A child 4 foot tall needs a full body seat they are huge and cost a fortune they are hard to store etc. Hence the exemption for taxi's and buses.
I have a couple of booster seats I use to collect my granchildren scenario(daughter rings up she is stuck in traffic and carnt make it home in time) I either use my booster seats or get a taxi and have no protection as there seats are in there mums car.

The reason for full seats is side impact protection.

I agree with it.
Yes it may be a bit of a pain but no where near as much pain it would be if a kid gets injured due to the inconvenience.

Thanks for your views Pat H but------
A child 4 foot tall needs a full body seat they are huge and cost a fortune they are hard to store etc. Hence the exemption for taxi's and buses.
I have a couple of booster seats I use to collect my granchildren scenario(daughter rings up she is stuck in traffic and carnt make it home in time) I either use my booster seats or get a taxi and have no protection as there seats are in there mums car.

The reason for full seats is side impact protection.

The law allows for short or unexpected journeys to not use the legally required seat.

Cars, Taxis, Private Hire Vehicles, Vans and Goods Vehicles | Child Car Seats - http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/the-law/cars-taxis-private-hire-vehicles-vans-and-goods-vehicles/#over-three

stick the brats in the boot, or if it's a hatchback, behind a dog guard. :mad:

Reply to Childrens booster seats and the law in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock