Discuss Chint rcbo in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

spudysparks

Hi everyone . Has anyone heard of the Chint consumer unit and rcbo ? the consumer price is £56-23 inc vat and they sell rcbo at £ 16-87 each , cheap ? what do you thin .:)

Chinese manufacture (but then isn't everything these days).
I guess they're probably OK but preference would be with a name that you can get replacements/spares for without being limited to a small number of suppliers.

So is merlin geran Chinese ? ,,,

A lot of manufacturers seem to be working with Chinese manufacturers to get production costs down. I would think they run a new name with a new product until they see how it performs and then they move their whole production if the performance is equal or better than their established name.
It's just the way things are going. Electrical/electronics/machine tools/hand tools/plumbing and just about everything else are coming from china. The name on the label means nothing.

As the russian guy said in armagedon russian,chinese,japanese, all made in Taiwan.:D Then he wacks it with a spanner:confused: All i can tell you is chint is an exact copy of merlin in every way, and breakers will retrofit between boards spot on.
As long as you have no preferance for either blue or orange;)

I have every circuit in my house on chint rcbos - no probs with them and if you buy from ced decor you can get discounts on them too.

Hi
chints followed links to board seem very similar to CED/CPN cudis boards very well made and similar to hager great replacement for old wylex boards as earth and neutrals on same side which helps plus loads of room inside with fixed cable between live/rcd's and neutral bars giving plenty of access.
and yes i have picked up boards with MCB in for under £60 and rcbo'sless than£20 bargain

Hi
chints followed links to board seem very similar to CED/CPN cudis boards very well made and similar to hager great replacement for old wylex boards as earth and neutrals on same side which helps plus loads of room inside with fixed cable between live/rcd's and neutral bars giving plenty of access.
and yes i have picked up boards with MCB in for under £60 and rcbo'sless than£20 bargain

Hi fitted a chint board 3 years ago ok as good as any, fitted it with 8 RCBO B curve.18 months 1 went faulty would not trip with the test button just buzzed and got very hot. 3yrs now non of them work wont trip on overload either, have replaced them all at a cost to the not pleased client, have not charged my labour, My advice dont use them,

Hi fitted a chint board 3 years ago ok as good as any, fitted it with 8 RCBO B curve.18 months 1 went faulty would not trip with the test button just buzzed and got very hot. 3yrs now non of them work wont trip on overload either, have replaced them all at a cost to the not pleased client, have not charged my labour, My advice dont use them,

3years?...this threads older than that...

Reply to Chint rcbo in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net