Discuss Chop saw blade for cutting dado trunking...? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Boberto

Read on another thread some of you saying that when cutting dado trunking a chop saw with a suitable blade leaves a manufactured type cut, nice and clean. As opposed to a hacksaw cut that leaves a burred edge that requires filing down etc.

I use a hacksaw for small jobs but I am curious as to which blade would be able to provide me with a perfect cut when chopping dado trunking and lid. I have a big job coming up with literally miles of dado to do and am going down the chop saw route. Just need a blade that will provide a clean cut on pvc.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

I'm also waiting for a good informative reply lol

(ps for cutting metal channel aka unistrut on a chopsaw invest in a "cold cutting" blade leaves a nice clean cut that barely needs filing and on some sites can save getting a hot works permit...random lol)

ATB

Never thought of doing dado on a chopsaw, good idea especially if your doing a lot of it overall on a large job youd save a lot of time and nice square clean cuts everytime

Have a look at 30050 on the screwfix site ( the link never works on here!) I bought one of these and it has paid for itself ten times over! It will do dado, or any pvc trunking, plus metal trunking and unistrut etc leaving a perfect edge, plus it does angles too! excellent tool to have although i only put it in the van when i know i will need it as its a bit bulky

maybe he's going for an entry in the guiness book of reprobates.

I got one of the evolution saws from screwfix but found the blade to be a bit crap so I changed it for a blade like the one durhamsparky suggested and it's spot on.

However if you only have straight cuts to make and no mitres, by far the best is the big chopsaw like makita do with the grinder type blade although they are a little bulky to lug around.

Years ago a colleague of mine was cutting PVC trunking with a chop saw at a college. First thing I'll say is that he was young and still learning - he learned, with a fright, that as he tried to trim a little piece off the smaller piece flew across the room
And hit someone on the head. Luckily no real damage was done and seeing as it was a good 15 yrs ago no one got sued either

He's told me that story 3 or 4 times haha

Reply to Chop saw blade for cutting dado trunking...? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net