Discuss circuit advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GPack

-
Reaction score
can I check this ground mount system circuit with some one please.

Henley block out of tails feeding existing board from cut out to include a small garage consumer unit with a 16A RCBO. AC isolator, generation meter, 6mm2 two core SWA (60meters) to AC isolator - Inverter. Earth inverter as spike and bond ground mount array to spike as well.

I appreciate any input.

Check your cable/load size, your 6mm looks light, rem the voltage drop on a pv system is 1%
not many sparks are following this though as the cable size on the ac side gets ridiculous when you do a ground mount system

you need to look at the recent discussions on here regarding RCBO/RCD protection.

You will find I think that the circuit breaker element is type C while the RCD element is type A which is unsuitable for you installation as it may fail to operate in the required times or at all.
You need a type B RCD. look at the settings writeen on your RCBO and I think it will say type C MCB, type A RCD
look at siberts website here
Type B RCDs - Sibert - automated equipment manufacturer and supplier of process consumables

for more information
You need to check the voltage drop on your SWA, your running close to the limit at 60metres.
There is also a lot about earthing/bonding your array on here, mostly for roof mounted but I would say you are absolutely right to bond the array. should be 10mm earth.
You can use SWA in lieu of DC cable for an underground run if that makes it easier, then you could keep the AC at the supply end and possibly negate the need for an RCBO

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to circuit advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net