Discuss Circuit detail label/sticker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm not sure you'll be able to print them. Laser is out because it gets hot which will affect the waxed backing paper and most likely the label itself, inkjet is out because it's normally water based ink that has to dry out/soak in to the print medium and I'm not sure even when dry that it wouldn't just rub off.

I've worked for a couple of companies in the past that have had cause to print labels and in both cases, the labels were thermal and pretty sizeable, but the energy in thermal printing is very small compared to laser and it's not applied to the entire medium.

I've got some of those labels and they don't look that bad providing you keep your writing neat. The biggest issue I'm finding with them is where to stick them. A lot of CUs are out in the open and by the time you've got your RCD test label, your periodic inspection label, possibly your two colour schemes label you've not got a lot of room left, so what would probably have been a not so obtrusive box is now a brightly coloured beacon :)

I use the relevant part of the schedule of test reports, cut out the part I want and then laminate it. What my customer does with it then, is down to them! As Sparkychick say's, not much room left on a standard size CU (squeeze all my labels on the inside of metal lid cover).

So whats wrong with the Generic schedule of test results being printed out and laminated etc? I usually put that behind some conduit or use treasury tags through punched holes and hang it close by and so on. Although until today I never dreamed such labels existed. And I feel rather put out that they don't have the STROMA logo on there!

I bought those labels because I started out with the plan you use @Midwest and it was my intention to just supply a printed schedule that the user could do with what they will, but then I re-read the regs and felt I wouldn't be complying because part of the inspection is about it being attached or near the board and for domestic if it's not attached in most cases peeps are going to want something stuck on the wall near it. So I figured I'd just go with the labels... and the patchwork paint job they create :)

@Vortigern give the guy at Swift a call, I found him to be really helpful, it may be you just need to ask for it.

You can buy peel off sticky A4 labels that are suitable for Laser printers, you need to be sure they are not ordinary labels as they will stick to the drum. I have used many laser printed sticky labels with circuit details and diagrams on.

If you want them exactly like that why not make a spred sheet print that out and use double sided tape to stick it on the board

Reply to Circuit detail label/sticker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock